Menu
Hostel booking issue
Mar 27, 2015 18:38
guestDarlene Greetings!
My friends and I will be travelling to HK this 04-09 April 2015. While I send queries to different hotel/hostels online checking on room availability and rates, I also asked a friend who currently works here to help us find a budget place to stay. So last March 15, my friend personally visited USA Hostel and was given a rate of 760HKD/night for a family room with window. Due to some pressure of many guests waiting to be entertained she impulsively gave 1000HKD as a down payment for a 5-day stay but he front desk demanded for a 1500HKD so she gave the money. My friend immediately told me about the booking, and I was surprised to know that the rate was way higher than what I have inquired online which is 600HKD/night. She went back to cancel the booking but the front desk didn’t allow, instead my friend ask to change our stay to just 3 days then left the hostel with hope that I can arrange via email the 600HKD per night since we can no longer cancel nor refund.
That same day I send an email to the hostel requesting to either give us the 600HKD rate per night if not, just allow us to stay for two days due to budget constraints. Since March 15 until this day I am pleading and pleading to simply amend our stay to 06-08 April but to our dismay they said it can’t be done; they say we can’t change our stay. Is there really a rule that a person cannot change his intended date of stay in a hotel/hostel even its more than 20 days prior to the intended date? Please enlighten.
Thank you in advance for hearing us and we would be very grateful for any advise about this matter.
Post a Reply to: Hostel booking issue
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code