Menu
What exactly does Zhao nv xu mean?
Apr 7, 2015 19:23
After a bit of difficulty with some marriage issues, I was told that everything was Zhao nv Xu. I looked it up and it just displayed peoples names. Is it something like.. It's all good? Thanks for any replies!
Last edited by 100002424579515: Apr 7, 2015 19:24
Apr 7, 2015 21:02
  • CHERRY07
Well, it means finding a son-in-law in English. Usually, men marry women and live in the men's families. However, in some families who just have daughters, the parents usually prefer to find the husbands for their daughters. After they get married, the men live with their wife's families. Of course, they burden the responsibilities to support his parents-in-law.

In some areas, the sons even carry their mothers' family names rather than their dads'.
Apr 7, 2015 22:52
Thank you very much! I was a little bit off with my context based guess! I'm not even sure how to respond to that.. Happy or humiliated. I'm American, she, obviously, Chinese. 2nd marriage for both. I objected to a largely formal, traditional Chinese wedding. This was her response after confronting her family about it. I would hate to find that this forced her to demean or diminish herself in the eyes of her family. It seems they are already a bit harsh with her because she divorced. Again, Thank you very much.
Post a Reply to: What exactly does Zhao nv xu mean?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code