Menu
Were you cheated during traveling in China?
Apr 10, 2015 04:38
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 98 vote(s)
  2. 106 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Recently, China National Tourism Administration has taken serious measures to put Chinese tourism market in good order. 9 AAAAA scenic spots including Mt. Hushan in Shaanxi, Sun Island in Harbin and Confucius Temple in Nanjing have been warned.

Really good news! Chinese tourism market should be regulated. I remembered that I went to Hangzhou in December, 2013. Like other travelers, we went to the West Lake. There we met a very kind old man. You know, we just got off the bus and didn’t know where to visit first. This kind man walked to us and said we got off at the wrong bus station. According to him, we still got off too early. All of us thought he was a good man. We followed his advice and got on the bus again. Several minutes later, we felt that there was something wrong because the bus was getting farther from the West Lake.

Then we asked a young man on the bus where we should get off to visit the West Lake. He said we shouldn’t have gotten on the bus. In fact, we already arrived at the West Lake. All of sudden, we realized that we were cheated by that kind old man. We thanked the young man, got off the bus and took another one on the other side of the road to go back to the West Lake. There we saw that old man talking to some other travelers. He did see us too. You know why? He walked away immediately.

After checking the map, we learned why he misled us. We should have arrived at the tea farm if we followed his advice. Apparently, he tried to mislead us to the tea farm, hoping that we could buy some tea.

The above isn’t a story but my real experience. The following was a journalist’s experience at the Shaolin Temple. He joined at a ceremony at the Shaolin Temple during the Qingming Festival. At the ceremony, all people at the scene were advised to donate some money to the temple. As a result, he took out CNY20 and tried to put the money into the donation box. Suddenly, a monk appeared and said “You must have seen how much other people donated. Please donate CNY100. ”

How ridiculous! The donor couldn’t decide how much money to donate.

How about you? Were you cheated or trapped when you travelled in China?
Apr 24, 2015 15:23
  • WANHU
It was November 2014 in Hangzhou we tasted fresh and sweet berries, about 300 metres from the West Lake. As the berries were so good we asked for a kilogramme, and the old lady packed for us, and arriving at the West Lake, we thought we could have a hearty fruit break but to our dismay, all berries were stale, in the end we have to throw them away in the waste bin nearby.

Wan
May 10, 2015 04:46
GUESTABDULSH... I m travelling to china this month end and I m looking for indian restaurants nearby my hotel accommodation and plz help me to get good hotel.
Post a Reply to: Were you cheated during traveling in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code