Menu
Student Visa: Can I travel some weeks before?
Apr 27, 2015 07:20
  • DANEINCHINA
Hi!
I am going to study a semester in Beijing from sep 1st until jan 1st.
I figure I therefore need a student visa for six months.
BUT. I really want to travel around in China from almost two months before (from the middle of july, and all of august). Is there any way that is possible?

If I let them know that I will be there two months before, maybe? Or can I apply for both a student visa, and supply with a student visa first? I really want to go travel before, and I you can help me get some answers.

Thanks!
Apr 28, 2015 21:51
GUEST0543 Dane, I think you should give up your idea of traveling before you join your school with your X type.

According to what I know, the applicant can only have one visa. It means that you can't have X and L types at the same time. If you apply for the X type earlier than L type, you can't apply for a L type to travel ahead of your schedule to join your school. If you apply for the L type, your X type will be void.
Apr 28, 2015 21:54
GUEST0543 Dane, I think you should give up your idea of traveling before you join your school with your X type.

According to what I know, the applicant can only have one visa. It means that you can't have X and L types at the same time. If you apply for the X type earlier than L type, you can't apply for a L type to travel ahead of your schedule to join your school. If you apply for the L type, your X type will be void.
Apr 29, 2015 07:05
  • DANEINCHINA
Thank you so much for your reply!
I have an idea though. Maybe I can first apply for a tourist visa to travel around mainland china. Then I can "end" my travel and tourist visa with a trip to Hong Kong. Then maybe while being in Hong Kong, I can apply for a new visa while being in Hong Kong maybe. Do you know anything about this way? I spoke with a person who had heard of someone doing so before.

I will see if it it possible. Thanks!
Post a Reply to: Student Visa: Can I travel some weeks before?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code