Menu
Chinese wife is in China, how do I join her?
May 19, 2015 06:17
guest07123 Hi

My wife was a student in the UK and she has just gone back to China for work.
I want to join her in the next 6 weeks and I would like to stay there for a year and be able to work.
What is the best way to do this?

Is it possible to get a temporary residence permit just by being the spouse of a Chinese citizen? I can if possible get an offer of employment if necessary as I do plan to work full time as an English teacher during this time.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
May 19, 2015 21:51
GUEST5633 Hey, the direct way is to find a job first and then apply for the Z type. After arriving in PRC, then you can change it into a resident permit.

However, if you plan to reunite your wife, then you should apply for a S1 type first. It requires your wife's invitation letter and copies of her passport information page and resident permit. When you apply, you should also provide your marriage certificate. Do not forget to have it certified by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then authenticated by Chinese embassy because these are needed when you change your S1 into resident permit.

Then you can find a job when you hold valid resident permit for S1. After that, you need to change S1 into Z type. You need to visit local entry and exit management bureau to confirm whether it can be done without leaving. If you are required to do it outside China, then you have no choice but get back to apply in your country.
May 26, 2015 22:20
  • BJLEEO
You'd better apply for a Q visa (It is not S visa). During your stay in China, you can try to
find a satisfying job offer. Then apply for a work visa.

May 27, 2015 09:24
GUEST64104 Thanks guys, I'm just about to apply for a Q1 then apply for a residence permit when I arrive. Already been offered a job! I'm so happy
Post a Reply to: Chinese wife is in China, how do I join her?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code