Menu
Chinese Visa, American Visa
Jun 6, 2015 08:37
guest92131 Chinese citizens are applying for American Visa's at record pace. Some are now getting 10 year American Visas. What once was the impossible is now reality. From closed door to open doors, just like this. 10 year visas are valid for ten years, but each entry is limited to 1 year, in most cases.

Chinese Visa authorities always followed American Visa authorities, and acted in similar ways.

However, they haven't matched the 10 year Visas for Americans who wish to come to China as tourists. In the Los Angeles Chinese consulate, an American citizen can get a 2 year visa, if he is married to a Chinese citizen. Yet both visas cost the same.

Does anyone know why?

Jun 24, 2015 13:27
  • DONS
I am no authority on this but I would venture a guess that it is related to the vast number of illegal immigrants we are dealing with already - mostly from South American countries.

I read recently that the screening for Chinese visas includes estimating if the visitor's profile is of one likely to violate the terms and stay past the allowed time or take employment without the proper type visa.

In both cases, the length of the visa does not mean one can visit for that period of time. Most visits are limited to 30 days in either country without special permission. The longer visas do avoid having to reapply when visiting the next time.

Post a Reply to: Chinese Visa, American Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code