Menu
Which Visa to apply for
Jun 24, 2015 05:09
guestPhil Hello all.

I am a graduate from UK. I hope to go to Shanghai and look for work in my field (Visual Effects). I have a friend near Shanghai that I can stay with and my length of stay is estimated around 6 months.

Do I need to apply for the Z class visa? although that sounds like the visa if I already have a job lined up.
I understand that regardless of the initial visa I will need to apply for temporary residence permit once I arrive.

Also if anyone knows the current state of the VFX market in China and the likelyhood of me finding a job, advice is appreciated

Kind Regards,
Phil
Jun 24, 2015 22:03
GUEST7875 Phil, you should apply for a Z type if you plan to work in Shanghai. First, you should find an employer who is capable of recruiting foreigners. Then, you need to get the work permit with the help of your employer. Finally, you hold the work permit and invitation letter issued by duly authorized unit to apply for the Z type from the CVASC in your country. After you get the Z type, you can enter PRC.

Yes, the Z type just allows you to stay around 30 days. You have to apply for the Alien's Employment Certificate and change your Z into temporary resident permit.
Jun 25, 2015 04:07
GUESTPHIL Thanks for your reply. So if I hope to find work in Shanghai, I need to find an employer before heading to China. Is it not an option to fly there and then search for work?

Thanks again,
Phil
Jun 25, 2015 21:22
GUEST556544
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTPHIL

Thanks for your reply. So if I hope to find work in Shanghai, I need to find an employer before heading to China. Is it not an option to fly there and then search for work?

Thanks again,
Phil

You can go there on L type and search a job. However, you will be required to get back to your country to apply for a Z.
Post a Reply to: Which Visa to apply for
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code