Menu
Single entry X2 Visa but planning a trip to Japan
Jul 29, 2015 04:41
guestAlex Hello everyone,

I have a single entry X2 visa but planning a trip to Japan next month. However I have the registration form of temporary residence, will this allow me to travel or not?

According to travelchinaguide:
4. For Holder of Aliens' Residence Permit
Foreign nationals who visit for the purposes of study or work and resident foreign journalists shall apply for Aliens' Residence Permit at local public security authorities within 30 days after entry.

Within the period of the validity of the Residence Card, the holder is entitled to enter and exit China for many times without applying for another visa.

Is the Aliens' Residence Permit the same as the registration form of temporary residence?

Thank you for your help
Jul 29, 2015 20:48
GUEST4678 Alex, usually X2 is single entry one with a certain duration of stay. Foreigners who have this type can't change X2 into a temporary resident permit. Please check your X2 and see if it is only a single entry one. If so, you need to apply another one after you exit for Japan.

The registration form you got is different from the resident permit. Long-term X1, Q1, S1 and Z type passport holders can get the temporary resident permits on their passports. It looks like a visa and stuck on the passport. With this resident permit, you can enter and exit many times before it expires.

The one you got should be acquired from local police station, right? Such a form is required to be filled within 24 hours after you arrive.
Post a Reply to: Single entry X2 Visa but planning a trip to Japan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code