Menu
Extend or reapply
Aug 4, 2015 22:41
guestA.C. Hi there.
Here is a little background. I have a 30days L visa.
Will arrive in shanghai from Singapore on 15Aug. Fly to Dalian on 18Aug.
Back to Shanghai on 13Sept. So thats 30days up.
I was thinking of maybe staying in Shanghai for a couple more days maybe even a week.
Can i get my visa extended in Dalian? Or should a reapply for a new one 3 weeks into my vacation?
If i reapply, what r the options available to me, as i wanna come as often as i can. Multiple visits, number of days?
Can i get an agent to do it in Dalian? What would be a reasonable cost? Over the actual fee?

Many thanks in advance.
Aug 5, 2015 21:43
GUESTSOURCE Hi A.C., You cannot apply for a new visa inside China, so your only option would be to extend the existing visa.
Aug 6, 2015 21:02
GUEST9096 Well, if you have been to PRC before, you have a bigger chance of getting a multiple L type. It can be a six months or 1 year type. However, duration of each stay is almost the same, around 30 days. If you want to get a multiple one, you are suggested to apply in your country before you go.

If you were just given a single entry L type, then you can extend it when you arrive. Yes, you can do the extension in Dalian. For extension, I don't think you need to find an agent. You can finish it on your own. Please remember to register at local police station within 24 hours when you arrive. If you stay in hotel, you don't worry about registration because the hotel can do it for you. However, please ask the hotel to give print the registration information. It is required when you do the extension.
Post a Reply to: Extend or reapply
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code