Menu
L visa vs S2 visa
Aug 12, 2015 22:39
guest67101 Is it possible to obtain an S2 visa for a close friend who wants to visit me (I have a valid Z visa) in China if I write him an invitation letter? The regulations for S2 state:

....the S2 visa is for family members of foreigners staying or residing in China for work, study or other purposes who apply for a short-term visit to China, as well as for persons who need to stay in China for other personal matters...

I have a friend who invited his girlfriend (said she was his fiancee in the letter) and she was given S2 for 180 days with 90 days first entry period. Would this be possible for my friend is L visa the only option? Also, if we have to go with the L visa option, what is the maximum overall stay if he applies for double entry (so he can make a trip to HK)?
Thanks!
Aug 13, 2015 21:45
GUEST5632 guest67101,

If he doesn't stay more than a month, then he'd better to apply for L type. It's much easier to apply for a L rather than S2. Usually, the duration of stay for a double-entry L type is 30 days. However, some people did get 60 days duration of stay. It's rare.
Post a Reply to: L visa vs S2 visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code