Menu
China VOA - Visa on Arrival - Shanghai Airport
Aug 19, 2015 10:20
guest76213 Hi all,

I am planning on going to China on short notice to visit a trade fair. I don't have time to go to the embassy. The event organiser says they can offer an invitation letter and application for PORT Visa, or Visa On Arrival service.
I called the Chinese embassy who say that this doesn't exist and there is no advise on the UK FOC regarding this.

Various pages on the web say that the service does exist (specifically for delegates to trade shows at short notice) with an invitation letter but guidance on the process or how it works. What I do not want to do is get there only to be turned away at the door, or ill have to change my plans and go to Thailand for a holiday!

Does anyone have experience of VOA or PORT Visas here. Specifically, have you arranged one, what was the process, and were there any snags?

Many thanks in advance for your attention to this.
Ben
Aug 19, 2015 21:08
GUEST6788 guest76213,

According to some other travellers, you can bring the invitation letter, your passport and a recent passport photo to apply when you arrive. Another way is to ask the organiser to apply for the VOA for you before you arrive and then they need to pick you up when you arrive.

To be honest, it's still possible that your application might be turned down.
Post a Reply to: China VOA - Visa on Arrival - Shanghai Airport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code