Menu
Canadian citizenship Transfer visa??
Oct 9, 2015 11:18
guest76156 Hi, my family and I are traveling to Bangkok with eastern china air.
On our way there we will be traveling from:

toronto-shanghi-bangkok (7 hours layover in shanghai)
I believe there is no problem since I can make use of the 24 hr visa-free?
(I'm still confused if I have to go through the immigration and get my passport stamped or right away proceed with other things)

The major problem however is on our way back!
We will be traveling from:

bangkok-kunming-shanghai-toronto

So, there will be about 3 hours layover in Kunming and 25 hours layover in shanghai!! I have contacted someone from the Chinese embassy in Canada and he was confused and had no idea
So, I was wondering if I would need to apply for a visa to stay in China within those hours? I mean, I would have been eligible for the 24hrs permit if my layover time wasnt that long :( Or the 72hours permit if I was only one one city rather than two right?

So in this case I would need to apply for a visa.. however, what kind do I need to apply for? Is it a one or two boarding?
We would obviously leave the airport to stay in a hotel (I heard I would have to report with a police) I'm just very confused lol so any help would be great!
Oct 10, 2015 20:31
GUESTJACK You are right. For toronto-shanghi-bangkok, you needn't apply for any type because you are qualified for 72 hours free transit.

For bangkok-kunming-shanghai-toronto, 72 hours free transit isn't applicable because you transit in two cities. 24 hours free transit can't be applied too because you transit more than 24 hours. In this case, you should apply for a transit type from Chinese embassy in Thailand before you take your flight. With this transit visa, you shouldn't have any problem. Except for your passport, application form and photo, you just need to provide your air tickets booking.
Post a Reply to: Canadian citizenship Transfer visa??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code