Menu
Beijing visit, 72 hour visa
Oct 30, 2015 05:20
  • GB_FROGS
Hi,
We're stopping off at Beijing on the way back from Sydney: i booked the flight before knowing about the 72 hour visa & from what i've since read we should qualify but just wanted to ask your advice to make sure.
We arrive in Beijing at 6am on the Thursday & fly out on the following Sunday at 13.30, so that means we're in Beijing about 3 & 1/2 days,,do we qualify?
Thanks for your answers,,your site has been most helpful on things to see whilst we're in Beijing.
A last question,,we have booked a hotel in south Beijing, will we be able to get a train or bus easily enough from the airport to there? (taxis are too expensive)
Oct 31, 2015 00:49
GUEST567882 In some other airports, the 72 hours is counted from 00:00 next day. However, I am not sure if Beijing takes the same policy. Some people say that 72hours is counted from the moment you have the procedure finished at Beijing Airport.

GB, I suggest you contact Airport Immigration Inspection to confirm this. The phone number is 0086-10-56095400.
Oct 31, 2015 02:24
  • GB_FROGS
Thank you for your reply,,,i'm living in France so i think it may be easier for me to ring the Chinese embassy in Paris maybe, or even the Air China info desk.
Thanks again.
Oct 31, 2015 14:03
GUEST94135 Umm...Buses in Beijing sometimes are full of people...Exscepially on Sunny...Good luck!Hope you have a good time in China
-----A Chinese girl
一帆风顺
Nov 4, 2015 08:07
  • GB_FROGS
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST567882 View Post

In some other airports, the 72 hours is counted from 00:00 next day. However, I am not sure if Beijing takes the same policy. Some people say that 72hours is counted from the moment you have the procedure finished at Beijing Airport.

GB, I suggest you contact Airport Immigration Inspection to confirm this. The phone number is ...

Hi guest567882,, this is info i have found on the official 72 hour visa site
". The confirmed seat onward ticket and valid visa to a third country or region (if required) are needed for entry. Based on the latest information, the 72 hours starts from 00:00 the day following the entry date in all the airports. For example, if an air passenger arrives in Guangzhou at 08:00 on June 2nd, then the latest time for him to leave is 23:59 on June 5. In this case, the actual stopover time is more than 72 hours. However, to play on the safe side, passengers are recommended to be more conservative and not to exceed the "strict 72 hours" which counts from the flights' scheduled arrival time to the departure time."
So that means i could get away without having a visa?
Thanks for confirming.
Nov 4, 2015 19:23
GUEST567882
Quote:

Originally Posted by GB_FROGS View Post

Hi guest567882,, this is info i have found on the official 72 hour visa site
". The confirmed seat onward ticket and valid visa to a third country or region (if required) are needed for entry. Based on the latest information, the 72 hours starts from 00:00 the day following the entry date in all the airports. For exa...

To play it safe, you'd better confirm this with the Beijing Capital Airport Inspection Team. They are the one who decide whether you are qualified for 72 hours transit or not.
Nov 6, 2015 11:12
  • GB_FROGS
Thank you
Nov 12, 2015 00:38
  • BJLEEO
Quote:

Originally Posted by GB_FROGS

A last question,,we have booked a hotel in south Beijing, will we be able to get a train or bus easily enough from the airport to there? (taxis are too expensive)

You can either take a subway or a shuttle bus from the airport to your hotel. It is quite convenient. The subway and the airport shuttle buses cover most of Beijing. Even though your hotel is not close to the subway or the stopover of the shuttle bus, you can take a taxi after the subway or the shuttle bus. In case you have a good sense of direction and have NO big luggage.
Post a Reply to: Beijing visit, 72 hour visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code