Menu
Getting a visa to work/live in China with no degree?
Nov 10, 2015 05:58
guest86242 Hey all,

I'm in need of some advice. I'm 31 male, living in the UK. I'm looking to get out of the UK and have my hopes set on China.

I work in Software Development. I mainly freelance. But I have no degree. I have heard that in order to get a visa you need a degree, and 2 years experience. Does this apply to all places in China or is this only big cities?

I have no contacts in China, my reasons for moving are for a fresh start, to live in a beautiful country, and earn a little income to keep me going. There's a lot of IT jobs in China, and I'm more than experienced to work. The plan is to get a job for the time being, and then look into setting up my own business over there.

What options do I have given that I have no degree?

Thank you for any advice.
Nov 10, 2015 19:47
GUEST547890 Yes, at least bachelor's degree and two years working experience are required in many Chinese cities. If you can't meet these two requirements, I am afraid that you are unable to get the work permit to apply for the Z visa.

And you should understand that it's illegal to work under other types of Chinese visa. If the applicants were found out to do anything that isn't in accordance with their visas, they will be punished heavily once they were found out.
Nov 12, 2015 00:23
  • BJLEEO
It is required for a work visa applicant to have bachelor degree (or above) and 2-year work experience. But there is always some way out. Contact a local reliable agent, who do help.
Post a Reply to: Getting a visa to work/live in China with no degree?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code