Menu
Z visa conditions.
Nov 18, 2015 05:15
guestMark H. Hi, I'm not sure where to find this specific info on Chinese Z visa conditions, so I would like to ask you clever readers please?
I have recently been granted a Z visa, and I understand the condition that I must apply, (with the appropriate documents) for a resident permit.
My question is, the visa says I should 'apply' for the permit within 30 days, (not 'have' the permit within 30 days). But, what if I need more time to get my documents? Can I ask for an extension given that my Z visa is a single entry 90 day visa? Or, must I exit the country before the 30 day period ends? Thus effectively making the visa a 30 day, and not 90.
The reason I am asking is that the mail takes several weeks to arrive here from my home country and I dont travel with original documents. I recently had other documents 'express' mailed to me,,, 3 weeks later they arrived and at no small cost.
Advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks.
Nov 18, 2015 19:59
GUEST6780 Mark, you can't extend your 30 days Z type. If you can't receive your documents in time, then you have to exit before 30 days Z type expires. Then you need to reapply for a Z type to enter.
Post a Reply to: Z visa conditions.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code