Menu
Z visa / dual passport
Nov 19, 2015 04:18
guestGast Hi,

I'm a dual passport holder (British / German) and will start working in China in January. I have a Z visa in my British passport. Is there any way I can leave China using my German passport whilst the Z visa gets converted to a temporary residency? I understand I will be without my British passport for 6 weeks, but it looks like I need to make a trip to Germany during that period.

Anythign via Hong Kong maybe?

Thanks!
Nov 19, 2015 20:10
GUEST58905 Gast,

You'd better not use your German passport. When you submitted your British passport, you will receive a receipt from the entry and exit management bureau. With that receipt, you can even travel inside mainland China. However, you can't exit.

The reason why you can't use your German passport is that you don't have any valid entry stamp on your passport. You entered with your British passport so that the entry stamp was on your British passport.

Without the entry stamp and valid visa on your German passport, how would you explain to Chinese immigration how you entered?
Dec 4, 2015 09:16
GUEST42113 Hi, you can leave the mainland china with your B. Passport and enter Hongkong ( or other country )with your german passport, but my suggestion, at the border to hongkong show your two passport to the chinese Officer say them put the stamp to your English passport and at the border to hongkong you show just your german passport, no problem , very easy
Post a Reply to: Z visa / dual passport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code