Menu
Direct Transit 24 hour Visa Exemption
Jan 15, 2016 17:51
  • ABEDIP
Can anyone please answer the following questions?

1. Is the Direct Transit 24 hour Visa Exemption still in effect?
2. To what countries does it Apply to?
3. Can I go outside this airport to eat or sightsee while my flight connects? If not is there any special authorization by the Chinese Immigration that will allow me to do that?
4.Does the Direct Transit Apply to all International Airports?
Jan 15, 2016 20:27
GUEST54778 According to what I know, 24 hours direct transit policy is just implemented in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. Visitors with connecting air tickets just go through the special channel to reach the transit area for their next flights after they land at the airport. Before they reach the transit area, they will have their boarding passes stamped by the airline staff and then go through the security check. If they plan to leave the transit area, then they should find the immigration and apply for the stay permit. It's actually just a stamp on their passports. With this stamp, they can exit the transit area and even the airport.

This policy is applied to all passengers who hold connecting air tickets and their direct transit should be less than 24 hours.
Jan 19, 2016 16:52
GUEST18018 Do you have to get a visa to visit China if you have an America passport I am going their to do business
Jan 19, 2016 20:00
GUEST54780
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST18018

Do you have to get a visa to visit China if you have an America passport I am going their to do business

Yes, you should apply for a M type from the Chinese consulate that has jurisdiction over your city. It requires your Chinese partner to send you an invitation letter. Also it's possible that an invitation letter from duly authorized Chinese unit is required. Your Chinese partner can help you get this from local foreign affairs bureau.
Jan 21, 2016 00:23
  • BJLEEO
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABEDIP View Post

Can anyone please answer the following questions?<br />
<br />
1. Is the Direct Transit 24 hour Visa Exemption still in effect?<br />
2. To what countries does it Apply to?<br />
3. Can I go outside this airport to eat or sightsee while my flight connects? If not is there any special authorization by the Chinese Immigration that wil...

Now it is 72-hour visa free transit, instead of 24 hours.
Citizens from 51 countries can benefit from the policy.
And 15 Chinese cities' airports are carrying out the policy.
Post a Reply to: Direct Transit 24 hour Visa Exemption
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code