Menu
Need any visa for overnight transit Beijing with UK BNO or HKSAR passport
Jan 20, 2016 10:09
guest23478 I hold Hong Kong SAR passport, UK BNO passport and HK ID. Will be transiting through Beijing (hk->beijing->n. america flight). Air China, as part of ticket, will be putting me in hotel for one night since they don't have a flight out the same day I land in Beijing. I will be landing Beijing 9 pm, leaving Beijing 3 pm the next day, stay of less than one day.

What kind of visa do I need to get? If the direct transit policy applies to me, what is the name of the 'stay permit' that I need to apply for at immigration?
Jan 20, 2016 20:56
GUEST5677 You needn't apply for any transit visa. However, you need to get the Home Return Permit from the CTS in HK. However, it takes 12 working days. If you are in a hurry, you can apply for the temporary entry permit with their help.

Anyway, you can make a call at (852) 2998 7888 or send emails to ctshk.com|enquiry to ask about the details.
Jan 21, 2016 00:16
  • BJLEEO
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST23478 View Post

I hold Hong Kong SAR passport, UK BNO passport and HK ID. Will be transiting through Beijing (hk->beijing->n. america flight). Air China, as part of ticket, will be putting me in hotel for one night since they don't have a flight out the same day I land in Beijing. I will be landing Beijing 9 pm, leaving Beijing 3 pm the next day, stay of...

You can benefit from the 72-hour visa free transit policy, since you hold a UK passport and will transit through Beijing airport.
Jan 21, 2016 10:24
GUEST23243 Thank you for all the replies. guest23478
Post a Reply to: Need any visa for overnight transit Beijing with UK BNO or HKSAR passport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code