Menu
It's time for another trip to China
Feb 7, 2017 14:06
  • DONS
My wife and I went to China in 2015. We have 10 year visas but only 30 days per stay.

When we applied for the visas, we had to supply a very detailed itinerary with reservations. Will that be necessary on this second trip?

If we are pressed for time, can we extend our stay without exiting and reentering China?

And finally, we will be visiting a friend in a small mountain village that is about a 3 hour car drive from Taiyuan. Where can we find a car and driver and what should we expect to pay?
Feb 7, 2017 20:19
GUEST40882 Hi Dons! As you have got the ten year multiple entry visa, you can just use it to enter China for this second trip. You don't need to provide your itinerary this time.

If you are pressed for time, you can extend your stay duration at the local PSB before your 30-day stay length runs out.

You may rent a car and a driver for one day. I think you can post a thread on this forum to see if anyone can provide this service to you. You may need to pay about CNY 400-500 per day.
Feb 8, 2017 08:35
  • DONS
Thank you. That takes a lot of pressure off.

As it is, the trip will take 29-30 days but any delays in transportation could cause us to run over. It would be best to get an extension.

The car estimate is quite reasonable. I'll have to determine if it is better than taking 2 busses and a taxi. It is a 3 hour drive. I'm concerned about the driver having to return empty and come back to get us in a few days. I'll ask.
Mar 14, 2017 21:28
  • SUSAN205060
hi,Dons, the car cost will be up to the distance and toll rate etc.

As for the time, i think you leave one week left before 30days ,it means 7 days as buffer, so it should be ok if any delay occur.
Mar 24, 2017 05:38
GUEST21222 For 3 hours driving, I do not think 500 RMB is enough for transportation....

It will cost more for sure....
Post a Reply to: It's time for another trip to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code