Menu
What kind of jobs do you have in China?
Apr 11, 2008 11:05
GUEST52249 for my assessment piece i need to knwo what jobs there are in china, what jobs do other chinese citizens have?
plz help.
Apr 13, 2008 09:12
  • APAULT
Guest: there are much the same jobs as in any other semi-industrialised country. Being only semi-industrialised, there are less people in bigger business and more in agriculture - there is still a strong peasant backbone to the economy. Business is often less advanced than fully industrialised countries, in terms of investment in technology, management practices (appalling) and efficiency. You will see many workers in shops and offices working long hours but often doing very little. As an example a friend recently moved from working in a Chinese owned company to a European owned one. She complained to me that she had to work all day and only got an hour for lunch (instead of 2.5 hours). She was also given responsibility right from the beginning and allowed to make her own decisions (which I am forbidden to do as a university teacher), quite opposite to the western approach). So I would suggest that there are many jobs you would find elsewhere but the industrial CULTURE is very different.
May 19, 2008 08:58
GUEST80622 what kind of jobs are there in china?
May 19, 2008 09:03
GUEST80622 what is the most popular job in chain at the minute?
Sep 19, 2008 12:01
GUEST83221 do you guys have any lives?
Sep 23, 2008 08:54
GUEST07486 APAULT may be right about the lowly paid "easy" jobs. However, other jobs such as IT engineer are quite the opposite. You need to work much harder in China than in Europe, and the pay is about 1/5-1/3 of what you expect in Europe.
Feb 26, 2009 17:52
GUEST17683 I find it very weird that someone would ask why an American would want to move to China and then proceed to suggest all sorts of evil motives. My girlfriend moved to America from China. I did not assume she came here for some evil purpose. In fact, the USA has many Chinese born residents. I have no reason to believe they've come to commit crimes or engage in dubious behavior.

Are some people so utterly provincial that they have no concept of the joy of learning and excitement that comes from moving to an unfamiliar country? I feel sad for such people!
Feb 26, 2009 17:56
GUEST17683 In addition to Janfrisk's strange and insulting assumption about motives westerners have for moving to China, Janfrisk is also fond of using unflattering physical references to refer to westerners. I can only imagine how displeased Janfrisk would be if I used a disparaging physical term to refer to those born in China. I think Janfrisk would benefit from having a more open mind about people who are different ethnically and culturally.
Feb 26, 2009 18:10
GUESTNIKOLAI Chriswau says that that you have to pay income tax in China if you earn over 120,000 RMB per year. Thanks for that info.

My understanding is that 120,000 RMB is $17,500 USD. I wonder if anyone could help me figure the ballpark figure (I know there are details that make it impossible to be precise to the penny) for what personal income tax would be for me as an expat in

China if I earned, for example, $40,000 per year or $50,000 per year USD? Is there a formula for determining the income tax on gross income at different levels in China for expats?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 27, 2009 01:16
  • YENJAMES
Well I work in the aviation industry and am a Q/C inspector for heavy maintenance done on U.S. registered aircraft here. The reason I took the job is that my wife is Indonesian and we wanted to be closer to her parents so that they could see thier first grandchild more often. Also the work schedual is not as grueling here as in the states. At my last job I worked 28 ten hour days then got 2 or 3 days off, here I get at least 1 or 2 days off a week so I can spend more time with my family. Here is a link for individual tax and how it is assesed. http://www.worldwide-tax.com/china/china_tax.asp
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What kind of jobs do you have in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code