Menu
Inspiring Theme Song
Sep 20, 2007 10:30
Couple of days ago, I came across the lyrics for the Theme Song for the 2007 Special Olympics World Summer Games,

I know, I can. 你的微笑我看到。
I know ,I can. 你的奔跑我骄傲。
亲爱的尽情歌唱,今天你是superstar.
亲爱的尽情飞翔。这里就是奇迹的地方。
向蓝天挥手,与太阳拥抱,面对着大海呼喊我自豪。

The Philosophy and the Spirit of the Special Olympics is all about believing that the people with disabilities and learn, enjoy and gain from taking part in sporting events. It also seeks to encourage the disabled people in an environment of equality, respect and acceptance.

I think that the lyrics of the Theme Song had truly hit the jackpot in portraying out the Spirit of the Games.

Singing out aloud that “I know I can” with the support of those around is truly inspiring and will touch the hearts of the people!
Sep 21, 2007 12:01
  • COMMLOVE
Thanks for posting the lyrics! It is truly inspiring and represents the voice of every athlete of Special Olympics!
Sep 21, 2007 12:33
  • CHINESEFAN
This is the first time I heard of the theme song...I am so looking forward to the Special Olympics!! Wonder who will be singing it during the opening?
Sep 21, 2007 12:44
It will be sung by Sun Nan and Ho Yeow Sun.

http://www.sun-nan.com (cant find him on wikipedia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Yeow_Sun

Sep 21, 2007 13:28
  • ISTAR
Yes...you can hear a short clip of it at http://youtube.com/watch?v=BS9TSwlPOPQ too...I think they sang really well...looking forward to the opening...
Sep 21, 2007 23:45
GUESTOLYMPICFAN Yeap.. The song is 1st sung by Sun Nan & He Yao Sun during a charity night in Shanghai last month. The lyric is full of meaning and is touching too. Think the athletes will be encouraged and inspirited by the song. Can't wait for the game to start in Oct.
Sep 23, 2007 12:36
GUESTMELODY Thanks ISTAR for giving the U-tube link!

I've been so curious about how the song would sound like when i heard about the song competitions for the Special Olympics... Finally, an chance to hear it, and I KNOW I CAN agree with all the posts so far, that the song really hit the mark!
Sep 25, 2007 12:01
  • CHINESEFAN
Yes! Thanks for the link!!
Actually, I did a search in YouTube and found this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNJ3Y7im4RQ
Do go take a look at it!
I think Sun-Nan & Sun Ho did such a great job!!
Sep 25, 2007 12:54
  • COMMLOVE
Very impressive indeed!
Sep 26, 2007 14:14
  • SING101
Anyone knows when the games are starting?
Sep 26, 2007 17:57
GUEST51319 Americans ban Shanghai's official theme song from Oct 2 Opening Ceremony of Shanghai Special Olympics ...

After 5 months of public campaign, 600 entries from various Asian, European and North American nations, 11 shortlisted entries for high profile public voting, and 1 official theme song unveiled on August 11. 2007, at the Shanghai International Convention Centre by the Minister of State Administration of Sport, Liu Peng, Shanghai Vice Mayor, Zhou Taitong, basketballer Yaoming, Olympic medallists Liuxiang and Wang Liqin ... the official theme song "I know I can" (music by Hao Yonggang and lyrics by Qian Wujie) was flatly rejected by the American producer Don Mischer and his joint Chinese/American production team for inclusion in the Oct 2 Opening Ceremony.

What are the reasons?

Because the Shanghai Special Olympics has contracted out the production of the Opening Ceremony to the Americans headed by Don Mischer, and now the Americans and their Chinese team members are in total control of the Opening Ceremony.

Because while the Shanghai community enthusiastically voted on the shorlisted entries, the Americans secretly got an American Quincy Jones to compose another song of the same title as the offical theme song chosen by the Shanghai Government and the Shanghai people.

Because the Americans arrogantly think that they did not have to submit their entry to the public selection process, but instead pressured the Shanghai Special Olympics Organizing Committee to abandon the official theme song and to exclude it from the Opening Ceremony.

Because the Americans insist that the Opening Ceremony will only include the song they got Quincy Jones to write.

Because the Americans are afraid that the offical theme song will steal the limelight from their version of the so-called "theme song" of the same title.

Because the Americans even force the offical theme song to change its title to something else.

So, the 2007 Shanghai Special Olympics is becoming the first ever international sport event whose official theme song cannot be performed in the Opening Ceremony. Rather, the world will hear the song chosen by the Americans, and written by the Americans.

Somehow, the Opening Ceremony of a beautiful and meaningful international sports event has become highjacked by the Americans.

Somehow, this is so wrong!

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Inspiring Theme Song
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code