Menu
Bringing pets over to China
Oct 9, 2004 23:44
  • RMAYEKAR
This is a weird question but does anyone know what China's policy on bringing pets into the country is? I would like to find an apartment in China for a bit but I would also need to bring my dog over from the States. Is this possible or would she have to sit in quarantine for a few weeks/months?
Oct 10, 2004 10:11
  • BILLIE
Hello, Rita!
I haven't any idea about that: (
But I think to enquire this to the airport where you will leave for China is the best way :D
Maybe your lovely dog can be consigned, and is that is possible, I think "she" should be injected bacterin, you also should offer the concerned paper about "her" health checkup.

Just my opinion :D

Hope "she" also can visit China with you : )
Oct 11, 2004 01:53
  • PEKINGIRL
Good news!
According to Inspection and Quarantine Information for Entry into China:
-Objects allowed entry subject to mandatory declaration:
6.Pets including cats and dogs.
Each passenger is allowed to carry only one pet,bearing rabies vaccination certificate and health certificate issued by the competent quarantine anthorities of the departing country or region,Pets are required to be quarantined in the designated area by the quarantine authorities for 30days upon entry. ;-)

Oct 11, 2004 09:31
  • ANNA
So great that we can take pet during traveling!
Hi, Pekinggirl! Does that mean foreigner can bring his / her pet into China? Thanks for your great thread!
But I am wondering if it is permitted to bring pet from one place to another inside China, such as by flight and train?
Thanks for your tips : )
Oct 12, 2004 10:30
  • ATLEE
Hi this is your lucky day. I have just arrived in Jinan, China, from Kula Lumpur.. entering through Beijing.
I brought my dog, a small poodle, in with me and it was totally hassle free.
However you do need to have made arrangements for help on the ground once, you have landed.
We used Transpo in Beijing, the contact is Kiki Chen
asiantigers-china.com|kiki.chen . she was very efficient and the whole process went very smoothly.
In our case we had to have the relevant papers processed in KL which included the immunisation records and the Health Certicate which must be stamped by the Agriculture and Fishery Dept. plus a copy of the shippers passport. A copy of these are sent to Kiki and you bring the original's with you.
Once you arrive , Kiki will be waiting for you down in the baggage reclaim area with your dog ( that is if its travelling on the same plane as you) from there she will take you across to the quarantine office on the same floor and process the papers.
China does require that your dog go into 1 month quarantine, however you can have home quarantine, and in our situation, where Jinan is 5 hours drive from Beijing, we were allowed to take her with us straight away... thanks to Kiki.
We have been here now for 3 weeks and she has settled in very well.. and I understand there is a very good vet support in Beijing.
If you would like anymore info let me know I would have loved to have had this information when we were planning our dogs trip.
Regards
Bernice Atlee
Jan 11, 2005 17:12
  • KEVINKIKI
hello everyone!

Thanks for reading this e-mail. I'm Kiki from Transpo in Beijing,China. I would like to let all of you know that my e-mail address has changed to: 163.com|kevinkiki, this is my existing e-mail address now. Thanks for your attention and I'm looking forward to help you and your pet to be coming to Beijing, China! Please do not hesitate to contact with me if you have any question about how to bring your pets to China.
Mar 21, 2005 19:57
  • KATHIASYA
Hi,

I'm really glad to read your post. I have a labrador retriever in Kuala Lumpur which I might have to export to China.

Was it difficult to obtain a release letter from the Agriculture and Fisheries Dept.? I have all his vaccination and microchip information but because I am not there to settle the other documents personally, it would be great to find out how complex that part can get. Is it possible for me to do it from China over phone and mail?

Thanks!

-Kathia
May 16, 2005 15:34
  • KEVINKIKI
Dear Kathia,

If you want to bring a dog to Beijing, you only need prepare following documents:
1.Your original passport with original residence permission
2.Dog's origin vaccination certificate
3.Dog's origin health certificate ( it should have the stamp from Agriculture and Fishery dept)

Hope above information are clearly enough!

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me via e-mail: 163.com|Kevinkiki

Kevinkiki
Jul 25, 2005 20:21
  • JABAROOTOO
I know this is a bit old. While there may be no problem bringing a pet into China, have you checked about US quarantine on your return home. You may find that more difficult? You wouldn't want to have to leave your precious pet here or put it through the trauma of sometimes months in Quarantine.
Aug 27, 2005 03:50
  • SGILES
Hi. My husband and I will be coming to Macau from the States. We have 2 dogs and would like some help with the forms and entry with customs as we do not speak or write Chinese.The vaccinations and health certificates are no problem, but the rest is a mystery. Can anyone help us with this? We would be so grateful!
Thanks, Jennifer
Sep 22, 2005 23:43
  • KEVINKIKI
I didn't agree your view. In fact bring a pet back to U.S.A. is much more easy bring it to Beijing.

If you have any questions on it, please feel free to contact me.

163.com|kevinkiki
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Bringing pets over to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code