first-timer

Written by Jan 16, 2008 11:21
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

jade scam

My trip to Beijing with my husband on 17thOct 2007 was our first trip to China. Before we started our tour we were informed on shopping scam in Beijing through the net and reviews. But it never occur to us that even buying jade from so called govt owned shopping or retail outlets, we were not spared. I paid 1200RMB for a pair of jade earrings but a month after I was back in my hometown in Malaysia, the jade on one my earrings fell out and to my dismay and dissapointment I discovered the piece of jade is a piece of plastic. Imagine I paid so much for a piece of plastic.
I'll be going to Kunmming this comming March, I thank the china bussiness community for educating me not to buy or shop anymore in any place in China. It's a pity because such dirty and dishonest practice piss future tourist off into shopping in China. Such a beautiful country, hope the authorities concerned put more effort into improving and help victims like us.
My advice: DON'T SHOP IN CHINA

More Beijing Travel Reviews
1. A Taoist Temple, A Lion Dance & The Forbidden City LEMONCACTUS from CN Jan 14, 2008 02:27
2. Taking the train, winter travel & some tips LEMONCACTUS from CN Dec 19, 2007 01:03
3. Images & Descriptions of a Winter's Day in Beijing LEMONCACTUS from CN Dec 12, 2007 00:05
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.