ZHG in winter 2009

Written by Mr. DOROTHY Jun 7, 2010 01:19
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Hi

My family of 5 including my 4 year old grandson went on a conducted tour of ZHG last December during X'mas and we had a really good time. The weather was fine ...not too cold and we were lucky to see both snow and sun. ...the flights to and from ZHG were punctual....we were told 8 out of 10 times the  flights were delayed because of the weather.The sceneries were breathtaking....multicoloured waters
in the lakes... snow covered trees  and waterfalls with frozen as well as falling water.....The plus point was that the park was not crowded and we could take our time to soak in the beauty of the sights. My little grandson enjoyed the trip too and he was not affected by the cold.

We went up Emei shan too and it was just as beautiful. We had no problem with the altitude all the way though we were prepared for it.

We were lucky to have 2 good guides ....both ladies ...one in ZHG and one for the rest of the tour.

More Jiuzhaigou Travel Reviews
1. A Day in Huanglong CHINAMATT from CN Aug 7, 2007 20:18
2. A Winter Wonderland DANNYTHEDOG from CN Dec 20, 2006 21:12
3. <A> A Winter Wonderland - Escaping the Crowds at Jiuzhaigou National Park DANNYTHEDOG from CN Dec 20, 2006 21:12
Comments (2)

Nov 13, 2011 20:53 Reply

Ms.MECK said:

Hi,
I'll be travelling to chengdu during christmas this year. Planning to book for a tour to jiuzhaigou. Any recommendation for any good travel tour?

Sep 24, 2011 21:34 Reply

Ms.LIANE from USA said:

What type of preparation needs to be done for the high altitude mountain? Which month is the best month to visit Emei Shan? Would it be better to join tour to go there? Any recommendations? thank you

Sep 25, 2011 21:30
Mr.BRUCE replied:

I think Mt. Emei cannot be considered as a high altitude mountain yet. But for your reference, you should strengthen your body before going to the high altitude area and don't do intense exercise there like running.
Spring and autumn are the best time to visit Mt. Emei, when is not too hot.
I like travel ling by myself rather than joining a tour group. It is more flexible. It depends on you. FYI: There is direct bus from Chengdu to Emeishan city. Upon arrival, you can take the city bus or taxi to the scenic area.

Oct 7, 2011 20:01
Mr.TONY from Taiwan replied:

I would recommend joining a reputable travel tour group because even if you can speak Mandarin, taxis are still a problem. Unless you are lucky, you can hardly meet an honest driver if you can get one in Chengdu city. Bus stations are almost always crowded with more than thirteen million residents in the city. We just came back from a tour in the area and my conclusion is that Chengdu is not ready for self-assisted tour.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.