trip to tibet

Written by May 7, 2009 21:29
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

lhasa

Lhasa is one of the most featured and mysterious cities in the world.As remoteness and high altitude at 3,650 meters (11,975 feet), it means unaccessibility. However , it’s cultral and holy history has created mysterious and romantic .when I got to there ,for the first time ,it so wonderful ,and left me an impressive appearance . Lhasa is a place with it’s own charming ,attracted many travelers to there .In my days in Lhasa ,I met quite a lot travelers who came from other countries .such as ,France ,America,Swiss,Australia,and so on .my guide told me that Lhasa is the center of Tibet's politics, economy and culture. The word “Lhasa” means the Holy Land or the Buddha Land. The city has also been appointed as one of the 24 historical and cultural cities of China.Lhasa is a really beautiful city . Lhasa is situated in the South Central part of the region, on the North bank of the Kyichu River (Lhasa River) in a mountain-fringed valley. It covers 30,000 square kilometers (11,583 square miles), with a population of 400,000, of which 87 percent are Tibetans. The local tibetan people are kind and friendly . they helped me a lot . Just as carrying luggage .one day , I met a tibetan guy who speaks well English .He told me that he is a student of Tibet University .He liked travelers to visit his home town –Lhasa . He wanted outside friends to know more of their culture and history . but he seemed melancholy .he told me that he hoped foreigners to love this place ,don’t throw rubbish anywhere .
During the days I visited Lhasa ,the weather is mild , not hot nor cold , and comfortable for travel . you know that Lhasa enjoys 3,000 hours of sunlight annually, well ,sometimes is called the "sunlit city" by Tibetans.Potala Palace is a worthwhile place to visit .for it is known as the bright pearl on the roof of the world . Potala Palace was built on the hill site. I believed that It is a miracle in the world . when climb Potala palace ,it was breathtaking ,for need rest a lot .
I ‘d like to recommend you that there are three options for travel to Tibet, by plane, by road and by train.for me , I took train to tibet ,I thought that it’s a fabulous option ,for I have many chances to seen the rarely mountain views .I just forgotten the most important thing. you need tibet permit and a reliable travel agency .if you choose a trust travel agency ,you can as lucky as I .and hope you enjoy a nice journey . hope it can help those who want to take a travel in Tibet

If you be interested in this paper ,please leave message to me !!

More Tibet Travel Reviews
1. Go to lhasa, Tibet VISTA from CN Apr 25, 2009 21:00
2. Under Lhasa's spell DANNYN from CN Sep 7, 2007 01:51
3. An elevating experience: By train from Xi'an to Lhasa DANNYN from CN Sep 1, 2007 19:17
Comments (2)

Oct 31, 2014 00:50 Reply

Mrs.SOPHIA from Malaysia said:

i like to visit tibet...

Sep 16, 2010 20:04 Reply

LEO1122 said:

I travelled to LLhasa, Tibet in January 2008 and was disappointed in it.
I believe I went because of the mystic of Tibet. It is something that is not tangible and therefore can't be found with a tourist visit.
This time of the year the mountains are dry (no snow) and nothing grows on them. We had to travel further up to see snow mountains. I also found that the locals all tried to "rip of" the tourists. Even the chinese tourist got "ripped off"
The temples and culture are good to visit. The air is thin but if I can do it most people can. I was 58 and a smoker at the time of my visit.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.