Harp Irish Pub, Chongqing - Amazing Expat Retreat

Written by Ms. JAN LEE Sep 5, 2011 23:57
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Harp Irish Pub is an oasis for foreign expats in Chongqing.    My friends from Europe and the US all gather there weekly and have drinks, listen to music, and eat a pizza.  It is one of the only places in Chongqing where expats go regularly, and so you are always assured of running into someone you know.

The location is very good, alongside the Jailing River, and just a block down the hill from the Intercontinental Hotel, at Hongya Dong.  The bar is on the 9th floor, which is 2 escalator rides down from street level ( you will likely get off near Starbuck's and Dairy Queen, Street level is actually 11th floor of this place).....

The bar has an outdoor terrace, and that is where most people sit, except that the interior has AC and Heat so on Hot and Cold days people migrate indoors.

I highly recommend this place.  The Harp has good drinks and service.

you can find there website at www.harpirishpubcq.com, and they have a directions page

the harp bar chongqing

More Chongqing Travel Reviews
1. Cactus Tex Mex Bar & Grill FRANK LIU from USA Sep 5, 2011 23:47
2. VISIT TO STILWELL MUSEUM/FLYING TIGERS MUSEUM JOHN ASHLEY from ENGLAND Jan 7, 2011 06:00
3. CHONGQING-a beauty UJJWAL from Nepal Sep 26, 2010 06:04
Comments (3)

Dec 21, 2014 04:34 Reply

Mr.GERLING from USA said:

Excellent bar.....going strong for 5 years now. They just opened one up in Yubei District at Fortune Mall, which is the largest of the 3 Harps. Tiandi has a great outdoor seating.

One thing I like to eat there is the Ribeye steak.....not that roadkill they are selling around town, but awesome 16 ounce, Prime Angus. Love it with a baked potato and a pint of Guinness.

Aug 27, 2014 09:39 Reply

JABAROOTOO said:

Shop round town there are so many other good places to hang out these days

Sep 6, 2011 00:02 Reply

Mr.JEFF KING from USA said:

i agree, Harp Irish Pub in Chongqing is the best expat place.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.