- 2013 Beijing Temple Fair BENNYLAU Feb 26, 2013 03:29
- Malaysian traveling from KUL - LAX vis Shanghai PVG ZATI_DY Jan 3, 2013 20:15
- 2012 Fragrant Hills Red Leaf Festival STEVENLEE Oct 16, 2012 03:06
Shanghai Wild Animal Park
Started off really well, we hired a double bicycle with a sun shade and saw lots of animalsin their compounds - the pandas were wonderful!!
Some of the pathways were more difficult to ride over being made of stones - but it was good fun.
We hadn't realised that the park fed live animals to the wild animals so were totally unprepared for this - some western young children might be upset by this aspect of the park - mine certainly would have been!
However while I could appreciate the motives for such action(I hadn't read the small print of the web page beforehand) I cannot understand why it was necessary to use live chickens to tease the lions - this doesn't seem to be in keeping with the park's aspiration to help keep the big cats wild.
Needless to say I found the teasing intolerably cruel - the lion managed to get the chicken's wing in its mouth and the driver/conductor was pulling the chicken backwards and forwards to loud laughter, despite the chicken's terified squeals.
Also the bus had a very strong grill on each side but was open - little fingers could poke out of the grill as the animlas appeared very tame and came rigth up to the bus - excellent for photographs but their true natures could be mistaken when they lokked like huge pussy cats.
Anyone with small children not accostomed to such a sight, might want to give the bus tour a miss!
1. A comfortable home in Shanghai, China CHANGCHENG2006 Mar 9, 2012 04:55
2. Tianma Shan by Subway and Bus MARC from China Jan 16, 2012 07:21
3. My trip to Shanghai! SALLY Oct 19, 2011 02:52