Hijacked at a Kara OK bar in Shanghai

Written by Mr. AHMED NAEEM Jan 29, 2013 08:41
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Dear Sir,

I would be pleased to know a hotline contact number for POLICE in shnghai...
There was a situation recently happened in shanghai to me, that i was been force to pay by a group of people inside a KAroke bar, demanding me to pay 30,000RMB. I was threatned and harrased inside this Karoke Club.

There were telling me everything is expensive in shanghai and they have good connection with POLICE and dangerous gangsters ( which i consumed only a coke ) and where i did not offer drink to anyone.

I was been hijacked and harrased for more than 5 hours and luckily my bebit card had a balance of around 500RMB. Which they threatned and took from me. This insident occured on the 23rd night of January 2013. I went there to just see the place.
I was really afraid that night, and this was a dangerous experience I had in SHANGHAI.

I belive this was a incident that I should report to the concerning authorities.

Yours assistance would be appreciated

REgards
Ahmed Naeem

More Shanghai Travel Reviews
1. Nice trip and good buses, but .... MADSEN from Denmark Jan 26, 2013 18:29
2. Malaysian traveling from KUL - LAX vis Shanghai PVG ZATI_DY Jan 3, 2013 20:15
3. Bad taxi experience with Dark Blue taxi in Shanghai TRAVELWISE Sep 18, 2012 01:07
Comments (3)

Nov 7, 2014 00:30 Reply

Mr.MARK from Germany said:

6357-6666 is the number for Shanghai police, where someone speaks English + China and Shanghai prefixes

Jan 31, 2013 08:00 Reply

MIKESTICE said:

Exactly. 110 is the police. I was thinking if he was traveling in China he would have seen signs everwhere for 110.

Jan 29, 2013 10:43 Reply

MIKESTICE said:

I would report it and give a good description of each. Secdondly, even if you are invited to KTV I would be very carful about carrying anything that could be used as currency. They want money... you don't money and they take the threat one further step... you have something on them that a legal bullet would justify. I am not saying carrying a gun but simply be at the trial for those hooligans and get justice for yourself and others. Intimidation is the recourse of cowards and when they realize they could have a really bad... and short life from that moment forward... others might think twice before carrying threats to greater lengths.

Jan 31, 2013 07:39
Ms.CHRISTINA from United Kingdom replied:

Your can directly call 110 and let the police know the fact

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.