Baotou

Written by Oct 9, 2005 00:10
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Feels like a small town!

I live in Baotou, Inner Mongolia, a city with over 2.5 million people, yet I feel like I inhabit a small town! Sounds odd, but thats the feeling I get here. For one, it's built on the far-reaches of a desert, so no buildings can be over 7 stories high. With no high-rises like other Chinese cities, you just feel like you're in a suburb. The people are extremely friendly as well. I work as an English teacher at a senior middle school, and the staff are supportive, and the students are wonderful! The people of the town are also quite friendly. There's usually always a smiling face whenever I go to one of the many markets, or to the shops. People are always willing to lend a hand to help out the foreigner in their midst. Many people stare at me, though, because there are not many foreigners in town. (8, I believe) So, I am both an attraction to be gawked at, and entertainment to some. (especially that time I fell off my bike...) I really don't mind the stares anymore, though. One really does get used to them after a bit.
Feel free to travel to Baotou. People here are very welcoming!

More Baotou Travel Reviews
Comments (1)

Oct 9, 2005 04:03 Reply

RITA said:

Sounds like you are a good embassador in Baotou;-)
Enjoy your stay!

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.