transiting Shanghai international airport

Written by Mr. BRIAN SMITH Dec 29, 2013 00:04
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Prior to this trip I was worried about the transit process at Shanghai. We arrived and departed from Terminal 2 (Air NZ to Finnair) on Saturday morning Dec 28th, 2013, 7am to 10am local time.
The whole process from arrival at gate through immigration, baggage clearance, check-in for new flight, immigration clearance, and going to departure gate took about 75 - 90 minutes. There was no stress and the signs & directions were reasonably clear. The queues were all reasonably short and moved quickly, but this may have been an off-peak time for the airport.
Our available transit time was almost 3 hours, so we had plenty of time to relax, take a walk, buy some duty free - the alcohol was generally cheap, the chocolates were horrendously expensive.
My guess is that a transit time of 2 hours would be easy to manage - within the one terminal building.

More Shanghai Travel Reviews
1. How to report a cheating taxi driver ROD POHL from Australia Sep 20, 2013 21:03
2. Riding the Mag Lev GEORGE LASHER from USA Aug 18, 2013 08:56
3. Visit to shanghai wild animal zoo FLORENCEER from Singapore Apr 1, 2013 05:46
Comments (2)

Feb 28, 2014 02:07 Reply

Mrs.TAN GIN CHENG from Malaysia said:

Mrs.TAN GIN CHENG from Malaysia said: We will be arriving at Shanghai Pudong Airport at 12.35 am but we have a tour package leaving from Hangzhou airport at 1 pm on the same day, so we need to find out how best should we travel to get there on time. Please also let us know the timing and the mode of transportation.Thank you.

Feb 28, 2014 02:06 Reply

Mrs.TAN GIN CHENG from Malaysia said:

We will be arriving at Shanghai Pudong Airport at 12.35 am but we have a tour package leaving from Hangzhou airport at 1 pm on the same day, so we need to find out how best should we travel to get there on time. Please also let us know the timing and the mode of transportation.
Thank you in advance.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.