Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Hangzhou Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 17-24 of 27 Page 3 of 4 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
Hanghzou Nightlife
By PRVNK | 2/19/2005 11:44:27 PM

Ahh this is the place!! Nanshan Lu in Hangzhou is the place!
1. Night And Day, Latin Music, li'l expensive drinks!
2. Channel 9, huge crowd.
3. Irish pub - drinks are good, no music.
4. Kana's pub.
5. There are many more on the same road. Keep walking and you find many.

Hangzhou to Suzhou
By PRVNK | 2/19/2005 11:40:08 PM

There is an overnight boat from Hangzhou to Suzhou. Ticket costs 78, 88 and 98 Rmb for one person.
You need to buy ticket at WuLinMen station on HuanchengBeiLu. Close to Pizza Hut. Take bus K156 from Railway station and get down at WuLinMen. Boat leaves 530 PM everyday

Hangzhou
By PRVNK | 2/19/2005 11:35:09 PM

Hangzhou transportation is well organized. No need to travel in taxis! There are Holiday buses (Y) which cover all the tourist spots and are frequent. Hangzhou attractions are well planned and can be covered in buses.

Use the boat on the Emperors Channel to get from Hangzhou to Suzhou
By ELCABRON | 2/20/2005 5:11:31 AM

If you want to travel from Hangzhou to Suzhou (or the other way round) try something special. Of course you can go by train, bus, and so on....even faster.
But I think the Emperors Channel is more adventurous and also a nice change from regular means of transport. In past times it was possible to go all the way from Beijing to Hangzhou on the Emperors Channel.
Today the boat leaves in the late afternoon from Hangzhou and arrives in Suzhou in the early morning. You can choose between luxury double rooms with the best view on top and 4 to 6 and even more bed cabins below deck. As far as I remeber I paid 60 kuai in a four bed cabin under deck, which means you have two portholes or windows just over the water level.
Well, beds were a little bit short for my size - but that happens in sleeper trains, too.

Dining in Hangzhou
By HEYJUDE | 1/20/2005 5:56:39 PM

I watched a TV program yesterday evening, The show introduced many famous local restaurants of Hangzhou.

Zhi Wei Guan is known for its local snacks,
Kui Yuan Guan's noodle is the most renowned delicacy,
Lou Wai Lou and Tian Xiang Lou are especially for decent Hangzhou dishes.

If you would like to enjoy eating and shopping at the same time, Qing He Fang is your best choice! The shops there are all in antique style which has become one of the most popular tourist spots in Hangzhou.

when to go?
By THUNDER | 7/12/2004 11:09:11 AM

The Best Time for visit Hangzhou is the period during March to April, which is the peak season for tourism during the warmth of spring all the flowers bloom.
In fact, you will enjoy different beauty of Hangzhou in different season!

Use the bus!
By DENNIS | 6/13/2004 7:45:21 PM

Hi Guys,

If you have any plans of visiting Hangzhou, I strongly suggest you use the bus to go around! It's the cheapest way to get around...just familiarize yourself with the bus routes on the map...know where you are and where you want to go! I was able to save up tremendously!

airlines to Hangzhou
By SNOWWIN | 4/30/2004 8:51:17 AM

Useful information:
Direct flights from Singapore and Tokyo to Hangzhou are available now. It is very convenient for travelers in the future.

Tips 17-24 of 27 Page 3 of 4 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip