Menu
Short message!!!!!!
Oct 8, 2005 04:09
  • PEA28COCK
It is true that sending short messages is one of the most important usage of the mobile phone. It is really a great invention. No matter how far the distance is between two persons, short messages can join them together. Short messages bring us convenience and at the same time they hide countless secrets from us. Every coin has its two sides.

Oct 8, 2005 04:17
  • CONNY129
well , I'm crazy about SMS ,really helpful and save money !
Oct 8, 2005 04:40
  • PEA28COCK
Yes, you are right, Conny. SMS is rather helpful. However I do feel that it costs more money than phone calls sometimes. This is just my opinion.:)
Oct 8, 2005 04:58
  • CONNY129
it's true , you can't express fully in one SMS and you have to reply again and again ,but if you call her/him everything will be solved immediately,I don't know why so many people perfer SMS especially the youth including me ^_^
Oct 8, 2005 08:24
  • ELCABRON
And it works over the ocean, too;-)
Oct 8, 2005 08:34
  • RITA
I heard of overseas SMS but never got a chance to try - I prefer email:). How does that work, if China Mobile or other mobile services have branches in other countries or the just cooperate with the local mobile services?
Oct 8, 2005 08:46
  • ELCABRON
They just cooperate, I think. My mobile worked fine, but of course it is much more expensive than using the regional cards.

It really worked in the strangest places. I was once walking over the Great Wall at Simatai, thinking of nothing bad when suddenly my phone rang with a call from Europe - so crazy;-)

Wai? - Do you know where Im just standing!?!

It worked in Lhasa, too, as far as I remember.
Oct 8, 2005 08:50
  • ELCABRON
Mobile phones can destroy you illusion of an adventurous travel!!!!!!
Or have you seen Brat Pitt as Heinrich Harrer answering a mobile call in Tibet?

Hi mom, yes Im fine;-))))))))
Oct 8, 2005 08:54
  • ELCABRON
But the best thing is waking up in the middle of the night with an office call - sorry Im 10.000km away from you! I cant help you from here, let me sleep!
Oct 8, 2005 09:04
  • RITA
My mobile phone works for me about 10 hours a day - longer than I work anyway. It is supposed to work for me instead of bothering me;-) So, I have never said "Wai" in the middle of the night :D

SMS is really good, but it is not cheaper than phone calls from my experiences. Plus, it is more time-consuming.

Oct 8, 2005 09:42
  • ELCABRON
Switching it off would be one solution, of course. But than you could miss something very important.
You love and hate this invention at the same time!
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Short message!!!!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code