Menu
homestay
May 9, 2006 02:52
  • WSTEVE
Hi, every body. I come back again!
I am Chinese who live in HuangPu Guangzhou. i can provide u apartment cheaper than market price . if u r interested in and have patient teaching my son English(he is 3 years old with no base on English). This apartment will be more cheaper or even free.
Here is some information :
1.My apartment is with 3 rooms , one hall, one bathroom, one toilet(it is detached),one kitchen. At first floor. Whole building is 4 floors.
2.I can speak standard mandarin and Cantonese. If u want to study those languages, that is my pleasure.
3.There is a supermarket nearby within 5mins by walking. There are kinds of sport stuff in the uptown. You can running (200m course), playing basketball, football, badminton and Ping-Pong.
4.From here to Shenzhen is about 180km (2 hours by bus). It will take u 10 mins to walk to the bus station.
5.The dock to HK is about half an hour by bus.
6.I wish my son can learn the pure English, not chinglish(Chinese English), lol..., and I am not rich, so I think up this way.
Other things:
the language professor said it is better for a child 2 study language earlier. The best way is learn it as mother language.
I can write and speak English. but not good enough to teach.
The " teach" that I mean is give him a language environment, talk with him, teach him something. not very serious, not study systematically with a book. But if u promise to teach him, u must take some time everyday with him when u live here.
My son can speak mandarin and Cantonese smoothly because we speak these two languages when he was born. If u were here before, u should know how different between these two languages. So I think I can let him speak one more. I also can improve my oral too.
Learn to speak the language first and grammar later, this is the best way to learn a foreign language. Get a foreigner live with us to speak to the child with "GOOD" pronunciation. Then get a Chinese to teach him grammar, maybe years later , Chinese are usually better grammar teachers than foreigners, imo. :-)
my e-mail address: ehomenet.com|steve_w
May 31, 2006 08:55
  • WSTEVE
up
May 31, 2006 09:51
  • PINETREE
Steve is a really great dad trying so hard for his son's sake. This must be your 3rd/4th call for help.
Jun 5, 2006 09:28
  • WSTEVE
this time i am not just looking for a teacher. if someone will hire my apartment but don't want to teach, it is fine. whatever, thanks for u still remember me
Post a Reply to: homestay
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code