Menu
Special place in your mind...
Oct 11, 2006 23:58
  • ALICEGAO
As we know, there're so many great places with beautiful scenery, interesting cultures, friendly people, delicious food...in the world.
Is there any place special enough in your mind that can last for a long time in your life, or can make your heart beat much more faster when you get there or just think of it?
Maybe that related to a romantic story, or yummy food that you can't find in any other places, or some peculiar experience in your life.
I'm not the kind of person who likes to travel to the same place twice, but one special place in my mind which is common to others is an exception.
Oct 12, 2006 00:57
  • TEKNOMED
Guilin used to have a special place in my mind. I loved the natural surrounding, the Lijiang and the beautiful little town. Everything was fresh and peacefull. That was about 25 years go. All this nostalgic feelings evaporated when I visited Guilin again recently. It was not the same Guilin. So if you love a certain place do not go back again as it will not be the same any more.
Oct 12, 2006 02:32
  • CALIFORNIA
I think Mongolia can be for ever in my mind:-)
Oct 12, 2006 03:24
  • ALICEGAO
Yes, it’s kind of sad to find you dream place changed when you visit there again, although maybe it has changed into a better one in others’ eyes. Just feel regretful that its original taste that you had set for it disappeared in you life forever. The feeling lost in the second trip created a hole in your heart that nothing can fill it up.
But if the place just keeps calling you to visit again, will you like to accept the old place with a new viewpoint?
Oct 12, 2006 03:54
  • LEMONCACTUS
oh... for me there are too many special moments...

...but I will never forget that most amazing sunset in Xianghai, Jilin and also watching the fireworks over Benxi City during Spring Festival... Benxi is not beautiful, but it was my home in China and is always in my heart.

:)

Oct 12, 2006 04:41
  • SOMEGUY
Home...
Oct 12, 2006 04:46
  • CONNY129
Mmmm ,Kunshan ,a small but peaceful city near Wuxi ,I spent a summer holiday there when I was a student , it is such a beautiful city I'll never forget the past golden days .
Oct 12, 2006 22:51
  • SAYHITOANT
Like Alice, I am not the kind of person who would like to travel to the same place twice mainly because of budget constraints.

New Zealand is the only place that I ever thought of visiting again. That was in Oct 1999 when I spent my honeymoon there. I love the country very much. It has many breathtaking scenaries, the people are extremely approachable and friendly and we met 3 wonderful couples spending their honeymoon there. We became good friends. It was an unforgettable trip. I am planning to visit New Zealand with another couple sometime in May next year. If everything goes smoothly, it will be a self-drive trip.

I visited Jiuzhaigou in Autumn last year. IMO, It is really a fairyland with unmatchable scenaries. I hope to visit this place again.
Oct 13, 2006 22:47
  • ALICEGAO
Hi, SAYHITOANT, it's cool for you to visit the place in where you spent your honeymoon. It'll be very sweet to see New Zealand again, by the way, take your wife along, haha... Have a nice trip later!
Oct 16, 2006 21:10
  • RITA
Places can only be special because of people. For me, there are several places that i have been to are very special and i will never forget them, the names of the places remind me of people I met and remember.
Oct 16, 2006 21:59
  • CHYNAGYRL
For me, the Canadian Rockies are special. Lake Louise in Banff National Park is a favourite.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Special place in your mind...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code