Menu
What are your favourite football songs?
Nov 7, 2007 21:09
  • KEVIN0518
Do you ever hear this song-----Because of you sung by Kelly Clarkson? If you watch this programme---Total Soccer made by CCTV-5, you will understand this song deeply. Once CCTV-5 made a special programme for David Beckham after he decides to leave for US. Because of this programme, many fans of David Beckham get familiar with this song----Because of you.

Except this song, there are many other classic football songs. Here is my list.
No.1 Hero by Enrique Iglesias
No.2 Don't turn off the light by Enrique Iglesias.
No.3 Do I have to cry for you by Nick Carter.
No.4 You'll never walk alone (Liverpool' team song).
No.5 UN'ESTATE ITALIANA
No.6 The Cup of Life by Ricky Martin.
No.7 Milan, Milan.
No.8 Don't cry for me Argentina
No.9 We are the champions
No.10 We will rock you
No.11 Attraction, music for Top Ten goals in Total Soccer.

Hey, guys. What are your favourite football songs? Let's share them together.
Nov 8, 2007 01:07
The one we sing at Bristol Rovers is called " Good night Irene " it an old country song the late 1940's we have sung it since about 1951, it sounded really good when we played at Wembley last season in the play off final ( which we won ), I will be singing it on Saturday at our FA Cup match at Leyton Orient.
Alan.
Nov 8, 2007 19:45
  • DREAMLIFE
Alan, why not share it with us? Is there any video or CD products? I have listened to 'Because of You', 'Do I Have to Cry for You?' and 'Don't Turn Off the Light'. They are very good. For 'We Will Rock You', do you ever listen to two kids singing this song? Quite interesting. Anyway, thanks for sharing us those wonderful football songs, Kevin.
Nov 9, 2007 01:22
There are a few on you tube, the actual words are about Irene drowning so it's a bit sad, we sing it because our old stadium was close to the River Frome and if we lost people felt like throwing themselves in, to my knowledge nobody ever did.
The Wembley game there was 40,000 Rovers fans singing it minus me though, I couldn't get a ticket.
I will try and find it.
Alan.
Nov 10, 2007 05:37
  • CALIFORNIA
Milan,Milan and Miland:)
Nov 19, 2007 19:44
  • KEVIN0518
Cali, are you a fan to AC Milan? It seems that there are less football fans on this forum.
Aug 5, 2008 14:31
  • HALEBANK
What happened to comments about the best known football anthem of them all.......You'll Never Walk Alone. To sit at a game in Anfield and listen to the fans singing their heads off is truly a thrilling experience.
By the way "Goodnight Irene" is an Irish song and yes the Bristol fans do a fine rendition although it hasn't been heard in Premier League for quite a long time.
Aug 5, 2008 20:43
  • DODGER
Slightly OT, but the best singing I’ve ever heard is the Welsh at a Rugby game and in perfect harmony too.
To hear them sing “Land of my Fathers” in Welsh made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, and I’m not Welsh.
Dodger.
Aug 6, 2008 21:01
  • JIMMYB
We will rock you sounds good. Once I heard a child's version which was very good. As for Hero, I prefer Marie Carey's version.
Aug 10, 2008 05:21
Dodger, Land of my fathers does the same to me, but then as I said before I am half Welsh.
You'll never walk alone is also one of my favourites, not that I am a Liverpool fan but I remember Gerry and the Pacemakers singing it in the 60's, in fact I bought the single.
Alan
Aug 10, 2008 17:59
  • DODGER
Gerry and the Pacemakers, thats going back a bit Alan. Do you remember the film that it came from??
Dodger.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What are your favourite football songs?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code