Menu
When should we get married?
Dec 17, 2007 01:38
How a woman prays for a man at different stages of her life.

At 18, she prays “God, please give me a man who is cute and popular.”

At 25, she prays, “God, please give me a man who is goodlooking and rich.”

At 30, she prays, “God, please give me a man who is mature and intelligent.”

At 40, she prays, “God, please give me a man with a head full of hair.”

At 50, she prays, “God, please give me a man who can remember where he left his dentures.”

At 60, she prays, “God, just give me a man, any man will do!”

This made me laugh, Jing is 45 and I have little hair and it's a good job I can remember where I leave my dentures, he he
Alan
Dec 18, 2007 20:17
  • KATRINA
SHEGOTTOBE, you said it in a very humourous way but it is true. With their age increase, women will lower their standards for her future husband. Though you wouldn't like to do it, it is the reality. What about men? Will you lower your standards for your future wife?
Dec 18, 2007 21:05
GUEST24125 Maybe late 20s is a good time. If you want to start a family, better for the woman to have children before age of 35. I don't consider a house a requirement but it would make me feel better.
Dec 19, 2007 11:24
  • APAULT
Jimmy, the housing issue is no different from most countries of the world. One of the problems is that prices will rise to what people feel they can afford. In Australia there are some subsidies for first home buyers...STUPID! All it does is increase the price people will be willing to pay for a house while the supply is relatively fixed. The result: prices go up by almost as much as the subsidy.

I wonder at what point in China's history, the ordinary people owned their homes? If this really did happen, then China has a truly different history than most countries - and I wonder why there was a need for a peoples' revolution! I think there is much more opportunity to own now than ever before AND have money over for leisure spending.
Dec 19, 2007 11:26
  • LIONPOWER
Alan,
good done.
Dec 19, 2007 20:51
  • JIMMYB
Quote: One of the problems is that prices will rise to what people feel they can afford. In Australia there are some subsidies for first home buyers...STUPID! All it does is increase the price people will be willing to pay for a house while the supply is relatively fixed. The result: prices go up by almost as much as the subsidy.

The fact in China is that house prices are too high and still skyrocketing and people can not afford to buy a house. We also have housing accumulation fund. With this fund, you will pay lower interest if you intend to buy a house. In the rural areas, the farmers are allowed to build their homes legally with villagers committee' permission. In cities, poeple have to buy their own house. Those who work in governmental organs can have a house given by government according to their titles.
Jan 22, 2008 02:37
  • BBQQ
SHEGOTTOBE, what about men? Are they the same as women or not? My anwer is 'definitely not'. No matter how old they are, they just pray for marrying good looking men. Am I right, gentlemen?
Jan 22, 2008 18:50
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I’m with you, BBQQ. I don’t think men lower their standards as they grow older. In my observation, they even get pickier. And it is their right, of course.
Jan 22, 2008 19:28
  • BBQQ
Quote: "I don’t think men lower their standards as they grow older. In my observation, they even get pickier. And it is their right, of course."

Why do they get pickier? Because they have already made some successes and their identies are different. For a successful man, a good-looking wife is necessary. Just imagine: If he is invited to join in a party, who will he bring, a good looking girl or an old woman? Of course, a good looking girl. His friends envy him and he is satisfied.
Jan 22, 2008 19:44
  • SHESGOTTOBE
In short, a *cough* trophy wife. Yikes!
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: When should we get married?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code