Menu
Looking for some help with a 4 week trip: Shanghai-Xian-Chengdu-Lhasa-Beijing
Jun 3, 2008 11:07
  • ADRIANRJ
:) OK, thanks, I'll contact them... by the way, does anybody know something about group (not private) trips to and around Mt. Kailash and if they are organized during winter as well? I didn't plan to go the initaially but this Sunday I saw amazing documentary on ABC called 'Wild China', and Mt. Kailash just blew my mind...
Jun 3, 2008 13:40
  • ELLYSE
Mt Kailash is located in Tibet Autonomous Region, which isn't open at the moment.
In addition, I'm not sure if it's even normally accessible in winter.
Jun 3, 2008 23:19
  • ADRIANRJ
Ellyse:)) I know where it is and I know that TAR is temporary closed... no problem for me (since I'm going there and I believe it will be re-opened after Olimpics)... so the only problem remaining is if Mt. Kailash is accesible over winter, so if I can find some organized group trips to go there in December... so any information on this would be very much appreciated:))))
Jun 5, 2008 03:50
  • ELLYSE
From research, it doesn't seem that Kailash's kora route is open in winter. I doubt getting there would be possible.
Jun 9, 2008 22:57
  • ADRIANRJ
Yeah, that was exactly my impression based on the things found on the net... so probably I'll go to Mt. Kailash (let's say I'll make a pilgrimage with 50km trekking around) and re-visit Nepal and north parts of India some other time... and for this trip I should only focus on Lhasa... and Mt. Everest Base Camp maybe:)

Thanks a lot Ellyse!
Sep 21, 2008 04:06
  • WINFLOWER
Hi,

As my learn, seems there's a kind of government approval letter for foreigners to entry Tibet, no any update news published from Olympic Games ending.

Anyway, I will try to contact my friend living in Tibet to find it out, pls keep paying attention here for my reply.

I have been to Tibet for 12 days 2 years ago, so if you need any informaiton about the routing or any other, you can email me:

gmail.com|echo.zh, or MSN:
hotmail.com|echo0000

I am a Beijing native person, perhaps give you some suggestion when you come to BJ too.

Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Looking for some help with a 4 week trip: Shanghai-Xian-Chengdu-Lhasa-Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code