Menu
Chinese buying trip in Europe!
Feb 27, 2009 01:34
  • YVONNE
Chinese businessmen delegations arrived in Europe yesterday. Citing from the newspaper, "A government-organized buying trip has started in Europe."

"The trip to Europe, which started in Germany and will take in Switzerland, Spain and the UK, involves 140 executives and is expected to see $15bn (€11.8m, £10.5m) of deals signed, Xinhua reported. Chinese officials said $10bn-worth of contracts with German companies were signed yesterday. " (Excerpted from FT News).

Foreign media reports that this is just a part of Beijing's broad diplomatic policies. China intends to eliminate the protectionist pressure and pave a way for Chinese investment in Europe.

What do you think of Chinese's buying trip in Europe?
Feb 27, 2009 04:39
GUESTLIN It is a good trend for Chinese industries back home because it is imperative to stay in touch with the latest technology and trends... but i think the Chinese are being too generous.

Political leaders and some western organizations are engaging in activities in support of China's enemies such as Dalai Lama; who instigate independence for Tibet. Then there is the case of a western auction house selling art treasures looted from China by the french and british soldiers despite China's objection.

i feel European political and business sectors must behave in a manner that is positive and not encourage anti-China activities; otherwise China must devise ways to counter this antagonistic stance by foreign countries and companies.
Feb 27, 2009 20:03
  • MARRIE
[quote=GUESTLIN,360373]It is a good trend for Chinese industries back home because it is imperative to stay in touch with the latest technology and trends... but i think the Chinese are being too generous.

I think the next trip would be USA which is China's routine job. Besides investing in US T-Bonds, purchasing high -tech equipments is aother good stream where foreign reserves should go. The ultimate goal of trade is mutual benefits...
Post a Reply to: Chinese buying trip in Europe!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code