Menu
Xining - Maduo - Yushu
Sep 7, 2011 06:11
Good Day,

We will be traveling in Qinghai troughout 2nd half of October and early November and would like to know if buses from Xining towards Maduo Yushu run regularly at this time of the year. Is it possible to pre-book tickets in advance or does anyone know where/how to organise private transport (Jeep) in advance?

Thank you

BM
Sep 7, 2011 21:37
GUEST3322 There is a regular bus from Xining to Maduo. It leaves at 08:00 and costs CNY 95. It takes about 10 hours.

You can hire a jeep for a round trip between Xinintg and Maduo. It costs around CNY 1200. From Maduo to the headstreams of the Yellow River, you need to hire a car too. It costs around CNY 600. Just for your reference.
Sep 21, 2011 01:02
Thank you very much for your reply.

Do you know how much a tax would cost from Xining to Huashixia (1 way) ?

Also we still don't know if it's nicer to drive from Xining towards Amnye Machen via Husahixia (Road G214) or if better choose to the road via Kumbum, Tongde ot Machen (Roas S101).

Any comments would be nice.

Thank you.
Sep 27, 2011 05:07
Well ...the price I get for Xining - Husaxixia is 4000Y one way... this can not be true !! Any andvise would be helpful ! Thanks !
Sep 27, 2011 21:28
GUEST0373
Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDDHAMOUNTAIN

Well ...the price I get for Xining - Husaxixia is 4000Y one way... this can not be true !! Any andvise would be helpful ! Thanks !

Did you bargain with the driver? Too expensive!
Sep 28, 2011 13:39
no no ...we're flying in later this month and we plan to get out of town asap so I trying to pre-arrange this via e-mail.

If anyone knows approx correct cost, that would be helpful.

Thanks a lot.
Oct 1, 2011 15:14
GUEST34251 I JUST GOT BACK FRM XINING. yES YOU CAN PRE BOOK BUSES. ALTERNATIVELY U CAN FLY TO XINING. hOWEVER I PREFER TO GO BY ROAD SO YOU CAN ENJOY THE SCENARY, HOTMAIL.COM|WANGMO74.....EMAIL ME IF U NEED MORE INFO. TSHERING
Oct 1, 2011 15:18
GUEST34251 HI I AM TIBETAN GRL. MY RELATIVES LIVE IN YUSHU. IF YOU ARE GOING THERE CAN U TAKE A LETTR FR ME. IN RETURN I CAN AS MY COUSIN TO HELP U WHILST U R THERE. TSHERING
Post a Reply to: Xining - Maduo - Yushu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code