Menu
To burn paper-made iphone 4 and ipad on the Tomb-sweeping Day?
Mar 28, 2012 04:06
  • JIMMYB
The Tomb-sweeping Day is coming soon. This day, young and old Chinese people pray before the ancestors, sweep the tombs and offer food, chopsticks, joss paper accessories and libations to the ancestors.

Today, joss paper accessories are not popular any more. Paper-made Lamborghini sport car, iphone 4 and ipad gain popularity. Many sellers at Taobao.com sell these things. Some buyers say that they want their ancestors to ‘feel the social progress’.

I am curious that whether their ancestors in the other world can use iphone 4 and ipad very well. What would Steve Jobs say if he was alive?

Last edited by JIMMYB: Mar 28, 2012 04:07
Mar 29, 2012 04:41
  • RAINDROP
I appreciate that they remember their ancestors. But there is no need burning these things.

PS: Chinese people mourn their ancestors when they sweep their tombs. Sometimes, they can't help crying. Well, here is a piece of good news. They needn't cry by themselves. There are some women who will do it for you.

Frankly, I was surprised when I heard about it. I am just wondering whom they are crying for.
Mar 29, 2012 22:37
Raindrop,

They are crying for money. How much do they earn?
Apr 3, 2012 16:51
  • WANHU
New budding actors? Movie stars cry and they get paid handsomely.
Wan
Apr 4, 2012 22:17
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

New budding actors? Movie stars cry and they get paid handsomely.
Wan

They are not movie stars. I wanted to know how they address the dead people. "Dad", "Mom", "Grandpa"? If so, their own parents will be very angry.
Post a Reply to: To burn paper-made iphone 4 and ipad on the Tomb-sweeping Day?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code