Menu
Why do you like travel?
Oct 16, 2007 21:21
guesttravel Hi,

It seems that there are so many travel-lovers here. I wonder why you guys like travelling. Curiosity? The desire to be entertained? Wanderlust? Does travel necessarily be able to broaden your mind? Probably not. The trip to a strange place is quite exhausting. What are the motives for you guys to travel? Why do you like travelling in China? I am just curious about this.
Oct 17, 2007 01:26
I'm not exactly a well travelled man as I have only been to China, Hong Kong and Majorca, most of my travelling have been in my own country following my football team and a few trips to Jersey.
I come from a holiday resort ( Burnham -on -Sea in Somerset ) so going on holiday meant more of the same for me, so I often chose to stay at home, why travel to get a suntan when I had a beach on my doorstep?.
As I get older, I now regret not having travelled further and sample other peoples culture, I intend to put that right and see a bit of the world before it's too late.
Oct 17, 2007 09:53
  • GRIZ326
I have been filled with wanderlust since I was a child. China is the last advanced civilization that is not yet fully modernized, so it is interesting to me.
Oct 18, 2007 07:55
  • DODGER
I travel because I must and have done since I was 14 year old.
Life is an adventure and we only live once. So I travel to broaden my mind, for adventure and for opportunity and to discover the unknown…the list goes on.
Dodger
Oct 18, 2007 15:44
  • DODOO
I travel around China for its diverse culture. I am travel photographer and want to record China before it changes over to western style eventually. That is why I avoid the big cities, Beijing, Shanghai etc and head into the smaller villages to experience real China.
It is fascinating country with some wonderful friendly people.
Oct 18, 2007 15:47
  • DAVEC
Same as me really, I like to travel around China and see what it has to offer. A lot of the places I have visited havent changed for centuries.
Its a great place to photograph and the food is awesome.
Oct 19, 2007 11:17
  • CARLOS
I travel because something makes me to.....
Highway is hot :=)
Oct 21, 2007 07:36
  • APAULT
Why travel? Some days I really wonder why when things are not going so well!! It all started watching a movie back in the 60's with young people hitchiking around Eurrope and it seemd a rather cool thing to do (Of course 'cool' hadn't been invented back in those days...) and I have been travelling ever since - though life was more conventional in the 'married with mortgage wife and kids years' a while back.

Why wouldn't you travel? I have worked in 4 countries/ 3 continents and visted about 24 countries in all - how could anyone NOT travel ??
Oct 21, 2007 23:17
  • LIONPOWER
Travel is knowledge.
Oct 29, 2007 15:28
  • MARYLEE
I like to travel around China because of its culture and people.
And sometimes just because it is fun. I am not very long in China, but I've follen in love already to this country already.

Oct 29, 2007 20:40
  • CHYNAGYRL
I like to travel because I have a multicultural background and studied several languages as a child. My parents are from two different lands as well (China, Taiwan). I used to jet set to visit the relatives on both sides of my family. Traveling is a good learning experience about the world, and helps me not to take things for granted, as well as enjoy all the people and beautiful places / foods / languages out there. I'm hooked on it now. completely.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do you like travel?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code