Menu

Hangzhou Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Ms. GOH
Dec 23, 2018 17:29

We would like to let everyone knows about a tour guide called Jeffrey engaged by China Travel Guide. [br] We were on a 9-day tour to Shanghai and booked a local Hangzhou tour though China Travel Guide. The local tour took place on 30 Nov 18 and we were the only family of 3. ... Details

• Views: 3819
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Mr. ANDY
Jul 17, 2012 21:50

My family of 4 is in Hangzhou right now and we paid 300 yuan each for our bike cards. The 300 will be returned to us when we return the cards. We were able to get the cards at the Wushan Square station. This is a larger bike station and the booth lady there was very helpful. I'm guessing you can ... Details

• Views: 4139
  • Responses: 1
Aug 9, 2011 08:11

Much has been written about Hangzhou. Marco Polo wrote that Hangzhou was one of the most beautiful cities on earth. However, it was then that and that Town then had about a million inhabitants. Now the city has more than 6 million.
The Chinese have a saying "the sky paradise, on earth ... Details

• Views: 5845
  • Compliments: 4
Mr. WALKER
May 16, 2011 06:11

Wuzhen is a waste of money and time. Lijiang offers a far better 'old town experience' without the hefty entrance fee, has superior restaraunts, better shopping and a more genuine feel about it. Wuzhen is a waste of time and money. Very disappointing. ... Details

• Views: 5540
  • Responses: 2
Mr. DAVID
May 8, 2011 03:13

I have been living here for almost a year, really got fed up with the local culture here. Most of local people still spitting, you can hear the spitting sound here and there. And queue-jumping is always happening aroung the city, especially the airport and the rail station(the taxi stand of the rail ... Details

• Views: 5314
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 3
Mr. WALKER
May 3, 2011 04:39

Beware the Xi Xi wetlands! We visited there and booked a 1 hour boat trip for 100 yuan. We also paid a 300 yuan deposit. When we returned after 1 hour we were told we had been 4 hours and so lost all our deposit. It is impossible to argue as no-one speaks English and our hotel told us that this happens ... Details

• Views: 3684
  • Responses: 2
Mrs. OATS
May 1, 2011 10:41

I just arrived in Hangzhou from Suzhou by train today at 6pm. I am very dissapointed with the taxis in Hangzhou, below are my reasons. 1. We queued at the taxi stand for 10 minutes (not complaining) to get a taxi to our hotel which is in the city. Once we were at the head of the queue, we made our ... Details

• Views: 3853
Feb 10, 2011 23:24

This is not my first trip to Hangzhou, so I plan to skip the West Lake and explore something that I've never know about this city. A friend of mine suggested Hu Xueyan's Former Residence, which is said to be the 'No.1 Mansion in China'. I thought this luxury title is just an advertising ... Details

• Views: 7006
  • Compliments: 3
Mr. FIRESTAR^
Sep 29, 2010 02:21

Just come back from this Wuzhen, for this place, I only can said "WOW" cause the place was so facinating and because of this wuzhen is a compounded resort therefore I not worry walking on the street even in the mid night. Nice place for honey moon 3day 2 night should be good enought. ... Details

• Views: 2996
Sep 28, 2010 03:39

I’ve read many tour reviews of Hangzhou before taking my trip, here I want to share my experience with every one, hope it can help you when traveling in Hangzhou. This time we just toured around West Lake and Hefang Jie, the hot weather disappointed me… I strongly recommend, don’t ... Details

• Views: 4801