Hangzhou is still a uncivilized city

Written by Mr. DAVID May 8, 2011 03:13
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I have been living here for almost a year, really got fed up with the local culture here. Most of local people still spitting, you can hear the spitting sound here and there. And queue-jumping is always happening aroung the city, especially the airport and the rail station(the taxi stand of the rail station is absolutely the most horrible place full of rascals), shameless people suddenly push you or kick you behind to jump the queue and, of course, ignore your objection.
Traffic is another big problem in Hangzhou,a massive traffic jam actually is the typical city scene of Hangzhou with crazy people driving without rules. The transport development of this city is far behind Beijing, Shanghai and other cities in China - up to now still no subway. Most of the time is very difficult to get a taxi, and taxi drivers so often illegally picking up different passengers with a sudden stop on the way of your destination without asking you to agree. Forget about the buses, you really need to fight with the crowd before you get on and inside the bus.

More Hangzhou Travel Reviews
1. Xi Xi wetlands trick WALKER from Australia May 3, 2011 04:39
2. Taxi Service needs major improvement OATS from Malaysia May 1, 2011 10:41
3. A visit to the No.1 Mansion in China - Hu Xueyan's Former Residence ROSEKNIGHT from China Feb 10, 2011 23:24
Comments (3)

May 23, 2012 10:32 Reply

Mr.DIAZ from Usa said:

Get used to the spitting and line jumping, that's going to be something you'll have to deal with no matter where you are in china. Most places, it's not even that taboo to just drop your pants and do your business in the median of a busy city street. You just learn to look past some things and pick your battles

Sep 27, 2011 00:02 Reply

Mr.KEVIN MU from China said:

It wouldn't be fair to pinpoint only Hangzhou with this "uncivilized" manners because I think it is prevalent in almost all cities even in highly developed cities in China like Beijing or Shenzhen. I guess it's the thing called "survival of the fittest" that's always prompting Chinese people to behave this way. There's a lot of things to be done in China, especially educating the people, if it has to be a country in super power.

Jul 27, 2011 00:14 Reply

Mr.AMY from China said:

I don't agree with you.
I like this place.....

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.