Menu

Other Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Apr 21, 2006 22:04

Rumours abound to the effect that trains in China are crowded, dirty, uncomfortable - like those in India. But my experience was quite different. However, I am not in a position to make a judgement because I travelled only once on a long-distance train. That was in March 2005, the night express ... Details

• Views: 1845
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 1
Apr 21, 2006 10:04

They say that first impressions are lasting. This is certainly true in the case of my visit to China in the Spring of 2005. My first experience of being swept off my feet was in Macau, on arrival. I was tired after travelling from India by night; I was anxious, being in a new place without friends ... Details

• Views: 1819
Mar 23, 2006 00:03

Sara is a Kiwi,here I pasted her emails, some of you guys might find them helpful

Hi

I'm now in Beijing and loving it, there is so much to see and do.

My sleeper bus from Shanghai wasn't actually that bad and they played 2 good movies. The second one was 'House of Flying Daggers' ... Details

• Views: 2102
  • Responses: 0
Mar 23, 2006 00:03

Flew out of Beijing to Xi'an on Wednesday, it was really beautiful as it was at night and you could see all the ring-roads.

On Thursday I went to the Terracotta Warriors which was good, though Pit 2 and 3 were boring because they had nothing in them. My favourite part wasn't the warriors all ... Details

• Views: 2937
  • Responses: 2
Feb 15, 2006 06:02

I'm coming to start 19.2. and today, 15.2. I am packing my equipment and clothes. Everything is in quite order, flying ticket to Shenzhen, open ticket to back from Beijing and Chinese visa for three months trip. I'll come back to Finland in beginnig of May, need to be here at least 13.5. because of ... Details

• Views: 10042
  • Responses: 36
Nov 23, 2005 02:11

What is freedom? If freedom is living in a society where people sport huge credit debts. Work in companies using systems created for the sole purpose of "leaching" from other systems - Driven by Java-script, ASP, PHP, DHTML, XML, SWF - the list seems endless... - Form Fields, that reduce us ... Details

• Views: 2241
Oct 25, 2005 08:10

A>The Journey of the Silk Road

11th September-24th September, 2005.

We were 12 ‘overseas Chinese’ who made the journey, starting from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Six of us reside in Australia, and the other six are Malaysians. We have all made holiday trips to different ... Details

• Views: 2820
Oct 14, 2005 23:10

I lost my heart there and I need to go back......... ... Details

• Views: 1971
  • Responses: 2
Sep 22, 2005 09:09

<A> DISCOVERING THE MYSTERIOUS AND EXOTIC CHINA

Brij Kapoor

China means many things to different persons; a 5000 years old culture, a Communist regime with people in Mao jackets and ill-fitting pajama dresses, hordes of cycle-riding people, the Land of Confucius and Zen, the Sleeping ... Details

• Views: 2192
  • Responses: 0