Menu

Great Wall Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Mr. PAUL
Sep 21, 2010 01:26

I wanted to go to Jinshanling Great Wall also, but I didn't want to take a tour and I wanted to see if I could get there myself. I'll tell you what I did: From Dongzhimen (东直门) bus station I took express (快)bus 980 to 密云县. At the last stop, the bus station, I got out. Immediately there was a man trying ... Details

• Views: 2333
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 1
Sep 15, 2010 22:15

On the way from Jiayuguan Pass to the Wall, a question from the driver made my mind in a fog. 'Which Overhanging Great Wall are you going to? There were two of them.' 'Two of them?' I did search the internet and do some preparations before going, but no one had mentioned that there ... Details

• Views: 2779
  • Responses: 0
Sep 9, 2010 01:05

When I was in Beijing, my cousin invited me to visit Huanghuacheng Great Wall and I accept it. Huanghuacheng was not as famous as the Badaling and Mutainayu those well developed sections, but its uniqueness lay in the lake beside it and I liked the places with water. My cousin knew it? On the ... Details

• Views: 2366
Sep 1, 2010 22:53

Getting There: Mutianyu was in Huairou District, about an hour bus drive from downtown Beijing. Had been told by my friends that did not take the tour bus, for there were a few of them and one might need to wait for a long time. So I took the bus 916 from Dongzhimen (the station was not far from the ... Details

• Views: 2338
Aug 28, 2010 18:58

Before you visit China and the Great Wall (Badaling), it is important that you try to get in rather reasonable shape before you get there as it would be a shame to go all that way and not be able to make it to the "top" of the Wall because you are too out-of-shape. One side is short and ... Details

• Views: 1732
Aug 25, 2010 04:27

Actually, this was the second time I put the plan to visit the Great Wall into action. The first time, I took part in a one day Great Wall tour but only got cheated. I was attracted by the low quotation. But the thing was the guide never took us into the scenic spots, but only let us take pictures of ... Details

• Views: 2932
Jul 20, 2010 03:54

Having known about China Great Wall since I was a little kid, I couldn’t wait to paying a visit on my first holiday when studying here. It was a China National Day Holiday. Got up early that morning and took subway2 to Jishuitan. My friend told me it was very near Deshengmen where one can ... Details

• Views: 2954
Jul 12, 2010 22:58

I went to Simatai Great Wall last summer holiday with one of my Chinese classmates. At first, we didn't know how difficult the climbing would be and had a leisurely meal at the foot of the mountain. It turned out that we got a warning from the staff: "Hurry up, guys. We are here to do ... Details

• Views: 2547
Ms. ANNIE
Jun 30, 2010 08:59

Hi, I have just finished my Beijing trip with my family. Overall the trip was fun except for our experience in Badaling Great Wall trip. We took the public bus 919 to the Badaling. However, instead of taking the public transport to Ming Tomb from Badaling, we opted to take one of those illegal car ... Details

• Views: 1662
Ms. ZOEY
Jun 26, 2010 01:07

Speaking of China, people remember the Great Wall; speaking of the Great Wall, people jump to Badaling. I came to Beijing early this year as an international student and went to Badaling Great Wall. I have learned a lot about China before coming to China and studied more about the Great Wall, especially ... Details

• Views: 2307