Menu

Great Wall Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Mr. PAN
Jun 16, 2010 22:12

Went to MTY great wall a couple of days ago (15/6/10) and would like to share my traveling experience! How i got there Initial plan was to take #936 but figured it would take too long, counting the no. of stops and freq of bus, according to www.bjbus.com (there's an english version). So i ended up taking ... Details

• Views: 2372
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Mr. MATT
Jun 11, 2010 05:26

I just came back from Badaling Great Wall, having taken the various info from this page to plan my journey. It's been a painful initial experience due to the incomplete info. Here's the accurate steps wef June 2010: Please note that for those of you taking the subway, you have to stop at Line 2 (Beijing's ... Details

• Views: 2108
Mr. FOX
Jun 5, 2010 22:44

In Nov. 2009, we were in Shanxi, windy and chilly. At the Zhanxian bus station near Datong Railway Station of Shanxi, we hopped on a bus running to Fengzhen, Inner Mongolia. After about 40mins, the bus arrived at the border between Datong, Shanxi and Jining, Inner Mongolia, just the site of Desheng ... Details

• Views: 3475
May 29, 2010 23:01

Half a month ago, I decided to spend the weekends in Beijing on the Great Wall. It turned out be the Jinshanling-Simatai Great Wall which attracted me a lot. Compared to Badaling, and Mutianyu, this section was less crowded. Just a few tourists could finish the hike between Jinshanling and Simatai. ... Details

• Views: 2727
May 16, 2010 22:40

As one of the eight wonders of the world and the best preserved mausoleum complex in the world, Badaling Great Wall and the Ming Tombs enjoy international fame. It was lucky for to visit it. Here I would like to share with you a few of strategies for Badaling and the Ming Tombs touring. Hopefully, ... Details

• Views: 2312
Mr. YANG PEIQI
May 10, 2010 23:08

I visited the Great Wall twice in Beijing, once in the summer of 1992. A second time in winter 2007 was unfortunately spoiled by the snow. The wall was very slippery. I saw many tourists fell down and got slightly hurt but they still smiled. I fell down too. Summer is a better time to climb the Great ... Details

• Views: 1664
May 9, 2010 22:03

It was a fine day. Together with some friends, I set off for the Great Wall. I have been to Great Wall once at Jiaoshan Section of Shanhaiguan. So it was my first time to climb Great Wall in Beijing. We planned to go to Badaling, but were driven to Juyongguan instead by the "Black Heart Driver" ... Details

• Views: 3222
May 1, 2010 22:51

At last, I saw Jiankou in early summer, lush and charming despite the heart-breaking incompleteness. Here is a brief intro of Jiankou Great Wall and what I have learned from my climbing. Take Long Distance Bus 916 from Dongzhimen Long Distance Bus Station to Huairou county. General Bus Ticket: 5RMB; ... Details

• Views: 2573
Apr 25, 2010 04:08

Five years ago, I cycled to the Great Wall and drained me of all my strength on Great Wall for a whole day. Five years later, I came again but it turned to be another story. We didn't cycle but take public transit. At the northeast corner of Dongzhimen, right at the exit of the subway station, we ... Details

• Views: 2108
Apr 18, 2010 00:57

It has been 2 years since I came to Beijing, but I did not have a chance for the Great Wall. In early April, several friends get together to talk about a Great Wall tour. April is not a bad time as it is getting warm and everything is full of life. As for which section to go, we choose Simatai. Badaling ... Details

• Views: 2151