Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Hangzhou Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 9-16 of 27 Page 2 of 4 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
The best time to visit Hangzhou
By ANTAM | 7/11/2006 1:19:26 AM

The best time to vist Hangzhou is spring, when the plum and cheery blossoms are in full bloom, from end Feb to early April. It is beautiful in the lake area!!

My photos are too big to upload here, check out my blog:

http://www.annatam.com

Dragons Well - Fake or Real?
By LUNYEH | 5/23/2006 12:07:39 PM

It is very likely that if you are with a tour group or hired a taxi to see Hangzhou, you'd be taken to the Loongjing Village (Dragons Well Village) where there lies a little well (size of a bucket)next to the road and they would call it the Dragons Well. That is NOT the Dragons Well!!!!!!!!!
Most tourist are taken there so the villagers there can have some kind of business. The real Dragons Well is now protected by the Government and you have to pay to get in and it is only located 5 mins away from the fake one. There are two ways to go to the village, either way if you continue on the road you will see a wooden gateway spanning across the road. You might pass the fake well first if you are coming up the hill from one side and you would completely miss the fake well if you take the other but you will see the wooden gateway. Either way you will need to go thru the gate and the road goes down hill and then take the first turning on the right and continue until it is a dead end then the Old Dragons Well graden is right there in front of you. If in doubt, you can find the first tea shop on the right immediately after the wooden gateway. The owner is an official of the protected garden and he will show you the way. His name is Mr Chik. Good luck.

"More" in Hangzhou
By CHICKIE | 5/3/2006 9:39:29 PM

One of the best things to do on arrival to Hangzhou is to head for Paradise Cafe located on Hubin Road right next to West Lake. Here you will be able to get your bearings while you sip a cup of coffee out on the patio and have a read of Hangzhou's "More" Magazine. Inside you will find tips on where to eat, shop and what to see. Picking up one of these FREE Mags will make a tour plan of the city simple, and the handy map inside will help direct you.

bus station in hangzhou
By WINDENERGY | 4/28/2006 7:18:50 PM

The cab drivers at the Hangzhou bus station are like vultures. I was surrounded by 4 of them as son as I got out the door. The quoted me 300 yuan for a ride to west lake. When I refuted, they dropped the price to 200 yuan. It's best to have travels from the bus station pre-arranged (if possible) before you arrive there.

Airport Bus from Pudong to Hangzhou
By IMPTEUFLI | 10/24/2005 10:55:44 AM

I just wanted to add to the above comment on transport from and to Hangzhou that there are busses from Pudong Airport (Car Parking Area, leaving the terminal turn left and walk straight ahead) to Hangzhou at 10:00, 12:00, 13:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30 and from Hangzhou (Yellow Dragon Sports Center, that's where the Tourist Busses leave as well) to Pudong Airport at 7:00, 8:30, 10:30, 12:30, 14:30, 16:00. The fare is 100RMB, the trip takes about three hours (more during the afternoon rush hour).

not enough taxis in hangzhou
By NATALIE | 8/6/2005 10:28:50 PM

Taxis are not plentiful in Hangzhou - we have found ourselves waiting 20 -30 minutes several times (not at rush hour either). If you are lucky enough to get a cab - the driver may not take you if the destination is too far, or too short, or in anyway disagreeable.

Mountains of the famous Lungjing Tea or Dragons Well Tea
By ELCABRON | 4/1/2005 4:29:10 AM

Do some hiking in the mountains of the Lungjing tea plantations. Its behind the Westlake and easy to get there by public bus. In those small villages you can see the complete production line of the most famous green tea of China. On your hiking route you can get through Bamboo forests and climb up the paths along the mountain ridges covered by beautiful fresh green woods. Enjoy some sugar-cane on the way or take a break and taste the dragons well tea in a village of its origin.
I enjoyed it very much! The pic shows my friend Omed on the ridge of a tea plantation.

Taxi in Hangzhou
By PRVNK | 2/19/2005 11:48:50 PM

Some taxis ask whatever price they want. Laowais beware! I was told it would cost less than 20 rmb for wulinmen from train station. A taxi asked me 40 rmb. I took a bus and paid 1 rmb.

Tips 9-16 of 27 Page 2 of 4 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip