Menu
Shanghai-Hangzhou transportation site???
Mar 6, 2008 03:57
  • LINDAL
Any clean 3 * hotels, double room near Shanghai south railway station with price between RMB 300-400/night? Preferably near shopping area too.
Mar 6, 2008 09:47
  • ELLYSE
Not much in the way of shopping or interest around Shanghai South train station. Nearest options probably 2 metro stops north on line 1 (red) at Xujiahui.
Try Qixiang Hotel, Tianping Hotel etc.
Mar 7, 2008 11:06
GUEST33112 Hi!!

I will be taking a train from Hangzhou to Shanghai. Can I know which station is best for the shortest and most comfortable ride to Shanghai by train? Do you know where I can download the schedule? My flight for arrival to HangZhou is 1:30pm. I heard it takes about 1 hour to get the train station, is that true?

Also, as I will leave early on my last day in Shanghai, I have plan to spend the day in HangZhou to sightsee. My flight for Hangzhou back to KL is really late, around 11:30pm. Therefore, where can I store my luggages if I am already in Hangzhou by noon? The train station? How much would it cost and is it safe?

Thank you so much!
Mar 7, 2008 21:29
  • ELLYSE
I've answered these questions several times within this week, on various travel forums.
Hangzhou and Shanghai both have more than 1 train station. I prefer the trains going between Hangzhou main train station and Shanghai South train station. Hangzhou main train station is more accessible and closer to downtown and the sights; Shanghai South train station is newer, cleaner and easier to find your way around.
The airport shuttle will bring you from Hangzhou airport to Hangzhou main train station -- note that this is NOT the final terminus. Yes, it should take about 1 hour to reach the train station. Note that you still have to allow time to find the ticket window, queue up, buy tickets and then find the waiting room etc, it's not just a matter of getting to the train station and jumping on the train!
The D trains are the fastest and nicest trains for this route. Useful departures for you for Hangzhou -- Shanghai South would be D670 (1455--1618) and D678 (1725--1843), but I doubt you'll be able to make it for the earlier departure. If you're trying to travel on a Sunday or Friday, I doubt you'll be able to get any seat tickets.
Yes, there's always left luggage storage at the train station. It should cost between 2-10 RMB per piece depending on the size. Yes, it's safe enough. I trust you're not carrying diamonds or gold bars in your luggage!
Mar 8, 2008 07:45
  • LINDAL
Couldnt find Qixiang Hotel from any of the web-site. Anyway, doesnt matter. Would Tianping Hotel better than Astronautics Hotel in terms of nearer to metro line and mid-range shopping area?

Thanks.
Mar 8, 2008 07:48
  • LINDAL
... and also cleanliness.
Mar 8, 2008 08:20
  • ELLYSE
Perhaps. It's on Tianping Lu near Xujiahui metro stop.
Mar 12, 2008 01:45
  • JYLOW77
hi guest33112, when you will going erach hangzhou to shanghai. may b we can meet up travel together. I will take airasia on 26 march to attand the FIC 2008 exibition in shanghai, the flight reach hangzhou around 13.00pm.
Apr 18, 2008 21:38
GUEST32149 I also recommend home Inn, they have several locations around china are clean and well located most times. (pinyin/chinese name is rujia) www.homeinns.com You can call them and most can speak english. But the main to telephone lines on the site do not seem to work. So call the actual hotel you plan on staying at.
May 12, 2008 08:06
GUEST89205 i'm going to hangzhou next month. is there any airport transfer bus from xianshan airport to shanghai?
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai-Hangzhou transportation site???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code