Menu
Armpit Hair
Oct 6, 2005 08:02
  • ELCABRON
Yes, WOCCA, would be an interesting survey, good idea!!!!
But for Chinese I think my spot check is quite valid.

But I got the curve back to the topic with body hair in Chinese history, which is part of the answer to the question on top.
Dont take everything tooooo serious;-)
Oct 6, 2005 12:22
  • DOUGM12A
This is an interesting topic that I have seen discussed before. And it seems to be a not so uncommon topic. Virtually all of the males and females, non-Chinese and Amercian born Chinese, that post (or that I have heard talk about it)seem disgusted by the sight or thought of Chinese women with hair under their arms. It's not just that it's something different or not what they're used to but that it's revolting to them.

I know 3 or 4 American-born Taiwanese girls that made HUGE deals about seeing women with hairy underarms when they visited China or Taiwan for the first time and they thought it was just awful. Yet they were always so proud of being Chinese/Taiwanese and wanted to learn Mandarin etc. and the "culture". I am always suprised that they did not know that custom and accept that things can be different. And never question why in some countries woman shave but instead expect women in all countries to abide by their norms.

Since I grew up in Taiwan, then moved to USA 16 years ago, it does not have that effect on me and I have no problem with it. I still am caught off guard when I see a Chinese woman in USA (visiting I guess, or a friend/relative of my family) who has long thick armpit hair. When I am back in Taiwan I get used to it quickly. One of the prettiest women I know there always wears sleeveless and has a great amount of underarm hair (must be 3+ inches long and extra extra thick) very visible in the front and back of her arm when it is hanging straight down. She has always had boyfriends, is popular and never felt the need to shave or hide it (Though I would definitely tell her to shave if she visited the USA).
Oct 7, 2005 08:34
  • MISHEN
Has anyone considered that some people might LIKE to have armpit hair? In grungy, cool Beijing, some younger girls have armpit hair as part of their unique, Beijing grrl fashion. And I might add that some men find it sexy...
Oct 7, 2005 08:46
  • ELCABRON
So here we are again, at DARWINs survival of the fittest.
WOCCA, take a look at:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

to see how the natural selection goes on in our daily life;-)

To MISHEN:
yes indeed, there is a cover for every pot, we say.
Oct 7, 2005 08:57
  • RITA
So whom do you think will be washed out? People use knife(reminds me of killing:))&folk VS people use refined branches?

I am wondering shaved(smooth) under arms are natural selection or fashion selection. :))
Oct 7, 2005 09:27
  • ELCABRON
It is the same about fashion, except that it goes in cycles. Whereas the dinosaurs wont return.....

Ah, Rita, it is not the war of the (cultural) worlds here;-)

About armpit hair, during the 60s and 70s proliferous (armpit) hair was popular in Europe especially during womens liberation (I heard). Actually, I dont know if there was any shaving fashion before. Are there some members who can look back for a longer period?

To me it is good that these days are over, but it is a question of taste. And you cant argue about taste, let everybody have his/her own taste;-)
Oct 9, 2005 20:18
  • GAZ07
Beijing, GRUNGY?!?! haha... whatever...

Oct 31, 2005 13:38
  • HANDPHONE77
I'm sure that for those ppl who think otherwise, I will prove you all wrong. Call it a fetish but I love girls with hairy armpits as its a tremoundous turn-on for me. Anyway I enclose a pic of such pretty babe for your viewing pleasure. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/
handphone77/hairyarmpits.jpg[/IMG]
Oct 31, 2005 15:07
  • GAZ07
Dude you're weird =/
Nov 1, 2005 09:49
  • ELCABRON
Haha, that is an instinct still from stoneage, where the children had to grab the mothers hair/fur to stay on her back - just like monkeys do;-)

Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page: