Menu
When China will be an economically RICH country?
Mar 26, 2007 11:34
  • SANYACHINA
Yes, may be, China will get the US level, but it will be possible at least after 2029. The US are too strong an almost every economical and military point.
Mar 26, 2007 11:37
  • SANYACHINA
"When will China's wealth be spread equally? (or more realistically: When will China's wealth be spread more equally?)"

According to some Government representatives it will be after few decades.

"When will China's development be spread more equally?"

It will be soon. They already started to take some measures about it.

"There are so many gaps: Rich and poor; urban and rural; west and east......"

And Central as well. Still...,but not forever.

Mar 26, 2007 11:54
  • SANYACHINA
"I think Chris tells the right thing. The income gaps between Chinese people are getting so big now, that is an urgent task to be solved."

It is, but not the biggest. For exaample it is still not so big as that in USA. According to GINI-INDEX - China is 44, USA are 45.

"And Corruption, another thing, though some large corruptive officials were prisoned in the last year, there is still a long way to go."

Yes, it is nice. Because in the World some countries do not put them in the prisons, but ellect them in the Governments.
Mar 26, 2007 11:58
  • SANYACHINA
"The real issue is can China become rich before the world environment is degraded beyond the point of no return. The developed countries have taken us to the brink and are hardly serious about fixing the problem they created. The new developing countries are likely to talek us over. Unless the west cuts back now, China and others will share in the collapse rather than catching up"

Nobody knows...There are a lot of possibilies. And China is a strong country. I am sure the Government will not leave the country and will use all possible measures to saved it. You know how already 2 times saved Hongkong.
Mar 26, 2007 20:37
  • CHYNAGYRL
You might want to browse the chapter on China in Jeffrey Sach's book "The End of Poverty". He's an economist at Columbia University who has been developing solutions for developing countries to overcome poverty. Basically, he said the main points Chris mentioned above...

Myself, I feel that China's economic growth is being paid at a great environmental cost. People who measure by a green index say that it's actually in the negative right now -- because the cost to the environment in the long run is greater than the benefits they will reap in the short run. The developed countries really brought the world to the brink -- and perhaps China and India will topple it over... Not that I'm a pessimist but that's how it looks. Canada is closing it's last coal-powered plants in next few years, and China is scheduled to open 500 more this year. You do the math and see that the environmental cost will be very big for the rest of the world.
Mar 26, 2007 20:42
  • ELLEN77
Hi SANYACHINA, well said. yes, China is of such a large population, in every city there is crowd. I just remind one subtle picture of the one or two passengers in the ticket examiner of England, and thinking of the crowds in the Chinese railway stations, this is really a heavy burden.
However, the population of China is controled efficicently now. And the other problems are still urgent.
Mar 26, 2007 20:48
  • ELLEN77
Hi CHYNAGYRL, the Coal-powered plants that you mentioned in China is really a big problem. I have known that Chinese goverment has carried out strict rules to close the small fatories. They are not only cost 'greeness' and resources, but also people's lives. It is really a common recognization of all the people.
Mar 27, 2007 09:59
  • SANYACHINA
"Hi CHYNAGYRL, the Coal-powered plants that you mentioned in China is really a big problem. I have known that Chinese goverment has carried out strict rules to close the small fatories. They are not only cost 'greeness' and resources, but also people's lives. It is really a common recognization of all the people."

That's right, the Government already started to take care about it.
Mar 27, 2007 10:13
  • SANYACHINA
" And the other problems are still urgent."

Yes, there are some, but mostly China is problemless. Chinese people is so lucky that there are no foreign military bases on his land, there are no racist organizations, there are no ethnic problems and there is no high unemployment rate.
Mar 27, 2007 20:12
  • ELLEN77
Hi SANYACHINA, I'm glad of what you said. I think that is why PEACE is always the first of PROSPERITY.
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: When China will be an economically RICH country?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code